585,933 active members*
3,785 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Daves buget 8x4 cnc router

Well Ill start by saying im not spending thousands of ££££ on this build but I dont expect to build it for £200 I have no drawings made up yet and I plan to buy parts as and when I can afford to. So my plan so far is to buy this tb6600 controller, driver, display, enclosure, handle package in one

High Integrate Professional 4Axis CNC TB6600HG Stepping Driver Gcode Record &Box | eBay

Along with at first 3 nema 23 4nm 4amp 566oz stepper motors running rack and pinion drives im planning on using a steel table with adjustable hight bed im unsure of a good linear system for this size machine so am thinking of bolting on aluminum 80/20 vslot extrusion and making vslot bearings to run the x and y and linear rails on z

I would like to hear input from others who have built large budget machines and even see some of your designs too

cheers dave

Don't just Buy parts, buy raw materials and make parts
    Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Thats the idea but gotta factor in price so that controller won the rest im making I wont buy the bed in kit form ill buy parts. Design and build

Thats the idea but gotta factor in price so that controller won
    Don't be too surprised when you replace that controller box with something better. There's a reason why it only costs 20% of what a high quality setup costs.

There are countless threads here where people found out that there attempts at saving money ended up being more expensive.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the heads up. Have you got any links to failed units? Or ones that dont perform well? Im not after speed. Would a breakoutboard and drivers work better? Can you get breakout boards that except readouts and handwheel control? What would you sugest to control the nema 23 motors I was planning on using?

Still a newbe with electronics so any input is gratefully received

cherrs.dave