584,817 active members*
4,742 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    What will be your bid? And the stock material check this out: http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant...997&top_cat=60

No clue. I ditched the quoting when you said it was awarded. Since you are costing the material for your supplier, did you include the delivery charge too? It really is not that big of a deal to me. As I said earlier, this turned into more of an opportunity to attempt educate about the RFQ needs on tolerances and specifications. We have gone back and forth now about 3 times, and I still am not sure if you want the 0.875" diameter at +/-0.015" tolerance and if you meant 0.125" radii for fillets also applied to the outside corners as well. Most of the time, hole diameter tolerances are held slightly close than linear tolerances.

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    No clue. I ditched the quoting when you said it was awarded. Since you are costing the material for your supplier, did you include the delivery charge too? It really is not that big of a deal to me. As I said earlier, this turned into more of an opportunity to attempt educate about the RFQ needs on tolerances and specifications. We have gone back and forth now about 3 times, and I still am not sure if you want the 0.875" diameter at +/-0.015" tolerance and if you meant 0.125" radii for fillets also applied to the outside corners as well. Most of the time, hole diameter tolerances are held slightly close than linear tolerances.
    your a funny bastard (wedge)

I know I did not gave enough info. But it's all because I'm not familiar with the whole process. The guy who won might send the offer blindly but he will find out if he make a good offer or not. I still keep the other offers in case if he raise the price. And ALL dimensions have +/-.015 including the hole. Also all of you guys asked about the radius. I understand that. You will use a tool with specific diameter to make the process easy. But like I said before give me info and I will adjust my design to your machining needs. Like others I would like to have that part done as cheap as possible.
    The winner wait on me so I can change the design and he won. Now the part have all inside and outside corners as R.125". And I did it to help the guy lower his price on machining.
    Txcncman you just mad because you don't like to wait. Like dstryr said this is hobby site you cannot expect everybody to be as highly educated about the machining process as you are.

LOL. If I am just mad, why am I laughing at this whole scenario? I hope everyone that reads this has a great day. I intend to.

Okay. Lets not talk about it anymore. Txcncman would you like to make me an offer anyway? I will keep it for future

Quote Originally Posted by Pysiek View Post
    The "never mind" post was a mistake. I was trying to delete a post that I post couple minutes ago. The job is still available. Txcncman if you do it for $4 I'm interested.
    I will do it for .50 a piece

- - - Updated - - -

Here I include a rough drawing of the part. Maybe it will help.
    I can do it for .50 a piece

Re: Need quote on milling small 6061 aluminum parts

This might be a regular job for somebody. I might need 50 or more parts right now. Depends on the quote. If everything goes right then I might need about 50 parts every month.
    PM me your email and I will provide .dxf file.
    Please tell me your email

Hello, How about 6 dollars per piece?

Email me at [email protected]

I have your pdf but still have questions.

-Frankie

You guys realize this RFQ was from 2012?

Mark

This might be a regular job for somebody. I might need 50 or more parts right now. Depends on the quote. If everything goes right then I might need about 50 parts every month.
    This is Eva from Best Prototypes,a reputable prototype manufacturer in China.

We have the services for your parts.
    -CNC machining (3 axis. 4 axis. 5 axis).
    -3D printing (SLA, SLM, 3DP,FDM).
    -Vacuum Casting (silicone Mold),
    -Fast Tool / Die casting.
    -Machining (Bending,Punching,Cutting,Welding).
    -Injection mold

If you have projects that need to quote, you can send it to my email, then attach the materials, quantity, process and finish you want.
    I will give you a free quotation as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
    Eva.

Email address: [email protected]

Hello,

Hope you are doing well!

This is Eva, Project Manager of Best Prototypes, a reputable prototype manufacturer in China. I am writing to see if there are any possible for us to be your supplier?

We have the services for your parts.
    -CNC machining (3 axis. 4 axis. 5 axis).
    -3D printing (SLA, SLM, 3DP,FDM).
    -Vacuum Casting (silicone Mold),
    -Fast Tool / Die casting.
    -Machining (Bending,Punching,Cutting,Welding).
    -Injection mold

If you have projects that need to quote, you can send it to my email, then attach the materials, quantity, process and finish you want.
    I will give you a free quotation as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
    Eva.

Email address: [email protected]

Page 2 of 2 12