585,987 active members*
4,552 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > The Hass G150 command is driving me nutz!

The Hass G150 command is driving me nutz!

I am trying to use the Hass G150 command to mill a Pocket 6 inches by 5 inches with an island in the middle of the pocket that is 3 inches by 2 inches.

I keep getting a pocket geometry error, but i can't find it. Is there a way to ask the controller to tell me the exact line of the subprogram that has the error? The program appears fine to me, but apparently isn't!

This is the program:

Main Program
    %
    O02010
    T1 M06 (Tool is a 0.500” diameter endmill)
    G90 G54 G00 X1.5 Y1.5 (XY Start Point)
    S2500 M03
    G43 H01 Z0.1 M08
    G01 Z0.01 F30.
    G150 P2020 X1.5 Y1.5 Z-0.5 Q0.5 R0.01 I0.3 K0.01 G41 D01 F10.
    G40 G01 X1.5 Y1.5
    G00 Z1.0 M09
    G53 G49 Y0. Z0.
    M30

%
    O02020 (Subprogram for G150 in O02010
    G01 Y1.0
    X6.
    Y5.
    X1.
    Y3.
    X2.
    Y4.
    X5
    Y2.
    X2.
    Y3.5
    X1.
    Y1.
    X2.
    M99 (Return to Main Program)
    %

x0 and y0 are in the lower left hand corner.

If you have any ideas I would really appreciate hearing them!

Press F4 before you run the simulation and it should stop at the offending line.

You need to end right where you started in your sub program...change your last X move in your sub program to X1.5
    VF2, VF5, ST10, MINIMILL, MINIMILL2,

Smile

Obiwon and Vern thank you both.

I misunderstood the quote in the Hass manual that says "NOTE: When defining the G150 pocket geometry in the subprogram, do not move back to the starting hole after the pocket shape is closed."

The key word being "HOLE" NOT "Start Point". Does the Y have to end in the same spot as well? I guess I can try and see what happens. Better to experiment then always ask is what my Grandfather always told me, but I gave up on this after a few weeks of trying everything i could think of. I was just plain stuck.

I only get access to the machine for a few hours on night a week, but when i do next week I'll try out both of these.

Thank you again!

One thing you can try is running only the G150 subprogram all by itself. All you need to do is give it a feedrate then try to simulate it on the control. Off the top of my head, generally most errors found in the subprogram end up being reported as a "pocket definition error" when running the main program, so the pocket def itself has to be perfect.

I have to mention though I don't have much experience programming the it with an island inside of one G150. We only have older controls and they need two overlapping boundaries to make an island. So when doing what you're trying to do the rules may be different...

Quote Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
    One thing you can try is running only the G150 subprogram all by itself. All you need to do is give it a feedrate then try to simulate it on the control. Off the top of my head, generally most errors found in the subprogram end up being reported as a "pocket definition error" when running the main program, so the pocket def itself has to be perfect.

I have to mention though I don't have much experience programming the it with an island inside of one G150. We only have older controls and they need two overlapping boundaries to make an island. So when doing what you're trying to do the rules may be different...
    Thanks Ydna! I didn't know you could run the G150 subprogram all by itself. I'll try that and see what happens.

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by Ydna View Post

Thats exactly what i did with your program at work. just gave the sub a feed rate and added G54 as a part location. It was easy to see the problem then. your "pocket shape was not closed"
    VF2, VF5, ST10, MINIMILL, MINIMILL2,

Quote Originally Posted by obiwon View Post
    Thats exactly what i did with your program at work. just gave the sub a feed rate and added G54 as a part location. It was easy to see the problem then. your "pocket shape was not closed"
    Dear Obiwon,

Thanks for taking the time to run the program at work. I only get access to the machine one day a week for a few hours, but I can't wait to try the same thing so that I can see it for myself. I tend to remember things longer when I experience them.

Thanks again!

Leo