585,744 active members*
4,021 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Deawoo puma 2000sy y axis moved-.08?

Deawoo puma 2000sy y axis moved-.08?

I have a Deawoo Doosan puma 18ITB 2000SY and the machine was stopped by reset button by my operator when the Y axis was in a milling cycle and when was re homed the Y axis homed out -.08, I shut down and re homed and the same.re indicated the X and Y since the are piggybacked on that unit and reset the parameters for home and still nothing. The company that sold us the lathe came up and cant figure it out. We have had a Low Volt Black screen of Death I call it lately and in the past and FANUC has replaced the drivers 3 times and fiber optics except for the longest one that runs to the controller that has been tested multiple times. HELP!!!

When you say you "reset the parameters for home", how did you do this?

The parameter1815 bits 4&5

I'm also curious about reseting your Y axis 0 on a lathe like this. Is there a good procedure for finding 0 or do you just have to edge find a work piece?

I assume having Y knocked off center - all of your turning tools will be offcenter as well?

Quote Originally Posted by rpm3000 View Post
    I'm also curious about reseting your Y axis 0 on a lathe like this. Is there a good procedure for finding 0 or do you just have to edge find a work piece?

I assume having Y knocked off center - all of your turning tools will be offcenter as well?
    Usually you indicate a boring bar holder to get X and Y on center. You have to do them both at the same time when resetting the APC parameters.

Yes on the indicating in the center of a empty tool holder on the turret. The service tech came out today and still cant get it. Every time its set and shut off as the parameters instructions on the screen tells us to do its off when homed out after power up. I think it might be the driver board, but the service tech probly wants to exhoust every aspect to get a bigger bill because the extended warrenty only covers the FANUC boards.

Dumb question - But have you checked the Y offset page? Someone input a value on ours and we spent several hours indicating before we checked there.

Those units don't have a y offset on the offset page. The deawoo tech for the west coast came last night and went through all the parameters and adjusted the dogs and checked the servo coupler and replaced the optic lead to the controller and now it works,He didn't realy know what happened, but I had to reprogram the AC servo unit in the cabinet. All the turret tools were 1 slot off, but that was an easy fix.Before it all happened there was a power surge on the night shift a day before that he said might have contributed to it. Back in action!

Quote Originally Posted by 28jalopy View Post
    Those units don't have a y offset on the offset page. The deawoo tech for the west coast came last night and went through all the parameters and adjusted the dogs and checked the servo coupler and replaced the optic lead to the controller and now it works,He didn't realy know what happened, but I had to reprogram the AC servo unit in the cabinet. All the turret tools were 1 slot off, but that was an easy fix.Before it all happened there was a power surge on the night shift a day before that he said might have contributed to it. Back in action!
    I believe there IS a Y-offset on a page by itself. You have to press > until you see OFST.2 or something similar.