585,914 active members*
3,929 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > tool change alarm on um100

tool change alarm on um100

Is there a way to make an okuma ignore tool change command when the tool you call is already in the spindle. I get an alarm now. The haas that i used to run just ignored that line. Thanks.

it's operator mistake, if a part program doesn't knows the current tool. You can get into taper before drill and Okuma prevents that.
    Okuma control understadns that calling a tool, which is selected already is a mistake. So do I.

There should be a parameter to change to avoid the alarm. On a machine that I used with a U100M control would do that. At that time, I just used a conditional to jump the tool call and prevent the alarm. I didn't want to jack with parameters as it was not my machine. My 700M does not alarm, so I never looked into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    it's operator mistake, if a part program doesn't knows the current tool. You can get into taper before drill and Okuma prevents that.
    Okuma control understadns that calling a tool, which is selected already is a mistake. So do I.
    So, you obviously don't run mills.

Yes, most other builders will ignore, or can be set to ignore, a tool call for a tool already in the spindle. We always had to write a simple macro on the Okumas to get past this. It's a PIA.

I'm assuming you are using one tool in the program and want it to change tools on the first run without having to go into MDI? but then don't want to worry about it alarming since the tool is already there?

simple fix... assume you are using tool 10, then

(prog)
    N2 IF [VATOL EQ 10] N4
    N3 T10 M6
    N4 S---- M3

In my OSP-700M, VATOL is the system variable for active tool. Line N2 is a conditional that will jump to N4 if the tool 10 is already there, if not, it will proceed to N3 and change the tool

This is how I had done it on an OSP-U100M where I had previously worked. But, I was thinking that I had found a parameter to disable the alarm, and then a light bulb went off in my head and "oh, that's how I could have done it". But I could be mistaken, it's been a while

Actually, it is a Okuma MX-45VBE with an OSP U10M control. We also have a MC-60VAE with an OSP7000M.
    Thanks annoying, I will try your trick and see if that works. It would be easy to fix the post for that.