585,762 active members*
4,085 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

torq cut 22 bridgeport

At startup I usually get alarm message"axis drive fault". After it is reset the machine usually works fine. Now alarm comes up every time. Motors,drives. voltages all look OK. Can't pinpoint the problem. Just thought I'd post this incase someone can help. looking for repair advice or technition's service manual. thanks.

Are all of your drives the same? Can you swap two of them and see if the problem follows the drive board or is the problem isolated to a particular axis/motor/wiring.

I had a drive board give me intermittent problems and found a cold solder joint in the pcboard terminals that were going out to the motor. A five minute fix with a soldering iron made it go away permanently.

You do not know what is causing the problem, do you. Meaning which axis.
    Go to the maintenance page, press 0 for more commands, press 3 to select a item to watch in the diagnostic, select par 153.
    When it faults, it will display eight digits. One will be a 1 which is where the fault is.
    Example: 10000000 is a X fault while 00010000 is a spindle drive fault. If a spindle drive fault, press in contactor 3 which will turn on the spindle drive and you can see if a fault is displayed.
    Side note: this machine has DC servo motors that have brushes. Per Bridgeport, the are to overhauled every 4000 hours of operation. Another note, the x and y motor are the same. The Z is much bigger with a higher capacity drive.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I am having the same problem but when I look a param. 153 it does nothing.Also my voltages are a little high#2 and # 50 should be 132 and is @148