585,679 active members*
5,107 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Issue with multiple cuts

Hi everyone. I'm extremely new to CNC cutting, and the table I use was built before I was hired. I have a blue screen AVHC and a Hypertherm 1650 hooked up to it.

Everything works great except for one frustrating issue. The first cut always works flawlessly, but in a program with more than one cut, my torch head misfires on every subsequent cut. As long as the torch isn't "cooling" down with air, it will fire just fine, but the cool down is 10 seconds long, and my table is more than fast enough to make it to it's next cut before that ends.

What happens is simply this: First cut goes nicely. At the end of the cut, the torch head retracts, and it moves to the next cut, all the while expelling air. It lowers to touch the material, and instead of piercing, the air shuts off, the torch head retracts again, and the program pauses. I need to manually reverse the program slightly, (to ensure I pierce in the correct spot) and restart it manually, at which point it will pierce and cut normally. As long as my torch isn't cooling down, I have no issues at all. However, in jobs that have 10, 20, or 30 different cuts, it's frustrating to have to reverse and restart my program for every one of them. It would be much more efficient to be able to start my program, and just let it run.

I was told it's always done this, and my employer does not know why. I'm trying to score points by solving this problem for them. The efficiency of being able to work on other things while the table cuts is invaluable.

Thank you for your help.

Nevermind. I figured out my issue. It seems the AVHC wasn't fully setup when the table was installed. Went through the procedure for initial AVHC setup and the table works flawlessly.