585,728 active members*
4,803 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Looking for Remote CNC Programmer

Hi,
    Our company (in southeastern PA) has recently gone through some severe changes which has left us without adequate skills in CNC programming of Citizen, Miyano and Star swiss style turning centers as well as a Chevalier VMC with Haas indexing head.

I'm looking for stop gap pay per part programming services to help while we rebuild the department.

Any help finding jobbers or a service bureau would be appreciated. Not being completely familiar with the equipment we have, I've left the machine specifics vague above, in hopes that the appropriate question and answers can be had in followups. (controllers, tool holders, tools available etc). We had formerly used Part Maker to program these machines, but are likely out of date with our maintenance by several years.

Regards,
    Jason

Private message sent.

Remote promming is a bad idea, it's good solution on theory like you don't have to pay them 8 hours work when it only take 2 hours, no health care pay for blah blah. Reality, it's normally don't work out.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Quote Originally Posted by CNCRim View Post
    Remote promming is a bad idea, it's good solution on theory like you don't have to pay them 8 hours work when it only take 2 hours, no health care pay for blah blah. Reality, it's normally don't work out.
    This is funny. Out of dozens of customers over the years, I have only ever had 2 that had complaints. And both of them used the programming and never paid. Seems like it is a great deal for the companies receiving the programming. Not so great for the guys doing it. (Based on my experiences.)

Hi Jason,

I'm sure I can help you out. I'm an Swiss machine consultant that lives in southeastern PA. I specialize in Citizen and Star machines AND I also help support and train for PartMaker software. My company's name is Oraton Multi-Axis Solutions Inc.
    Let me know if you are interested and I'll fill you in on details on what I can offer.

Pete

He never answered back. Guess his problem is solved.

There is no 100% solution to program by remote as it always has to be tweeked on the machine.
    From a company point of view there expectation is that it should work 100% correct first time then the company will pay.
    Every one knows who's a programer that is not going to happen as there are too many variables to get right to get the perfect program.
    Variables =Tooling , Drawing Details , Cost of tooling vers programer and customer , Material condition , Chucking , clamping , machine options and the list goes on.
    I think the company is dreaming to get a 100% solution by remote.
    If it was that easy I could do the programs here in australia and out source my time but I know you cannot get 100% solution as you need somebody local to give that quality of service.