585,763 active members*
4,457 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Selling My DHC2

Hi,
    I am moving to a new shop and there won't be room for my PlasmaCam, so I am selling it. Only has about 80-100 hours on it. Works great. Paint is still good all the way around. Includes computer that is all set up to run it. Does not include plasma cutter.

I am asking $6,500 OBO.

Thanks,
    Ted

Link

Here is a link to craigslist with pics and a link to a video showing it working:

PlasmaCam DHC2

PlasmaCam.MOV - YouTube

Ted

I'm not in the market but I'd think you'd have more interest if it is a ready to run system. Maybe offer the possibility of including your plasma cutter with a suitable price increase and then just buy yourself a new one for the new shop. A lot of people who aren't too tech savvy would be weary of having to figure out how to hook up their torch, regardless of how simple it may be.

Good Luck
    Matt

I have a cutmaster 102 that, thanks to Thermal Dynamics awesome warranty, just got everything inside replaced. And I mean evrything! So it is like a brand new Plasma cutter (and I bought the extra long torch). So I would hate to sell a new plasma cutter for a used price... And then buy a used one that is not as good.
    Ted

plasmacam

I would have a smiley face if i could sell mine..but just got it,and for 15k i could of got something way better..wish i would of done more research...I'm bummed...the software is relic..rediculous..not to mention you need a relic to run it....

Kink n Safari
    Are you running Designedge? Dude you must be nuts (even if you aren't running designedge), or probably can't figure out how wipe your own butt. The plasmacam is by far the easiest to run machine on the planet. And if you have designedge, it is the best metal cutting program around. I even use it to program my Torchmate 5x10. Also, good luck finding any servo motor system with collision avoidance height control, tube cutting and 3d routing capabilities for that price from any other company.

I have two machines. A Torchmate and a Plasmacam, while both will get the job done, the plasmacam has been by far the best bang for my buck (and I am using a brand new 2012 Asus computer).

You said it man! This same lack of research that you have admitted to on your part, will most defiantly translate in your complete failure in trying to operate any machine, no matter which brand you go with. Do yourself a favor and sell me your machine. I'll put it to work and then you can go buy yourself a long stick.

- Richard

True to his name, Richard is a Dick.

Lower Price thanks to someone loosing thier deposit

Kink n Safari and Richard, I don't know about all that, but it works great for me and I would keep it instead of taking a loss on it, but I just won't have room at the new shop. Better location, less space. I use all kinds of design software and plasma cam software works great for what it is designed for, which is 2d. Never had any problems with it.

I had it sold but he backed out (and lost his deposit) so I lowered the price to $6,000 cash.

Thanks,
    Ted

Smile

Does that come with plasmacam's designedge software?!

Quote Originally Posted by AmesMFG View Post
    Does that come with plasmacam's designedge software?!
    I am afraid it does not. Seemed like a lot of money and we already use a 3d design software for all our designing.

Ted

The DHC2 is still one hell of machine either way. Did you say it is pick up only?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by AmesMFG View Post
    The DHC2 is still one hell of machine either way. Did you say it is pick up only?

Richard
    It absolutely is a hell of a machine. And what I meant was the software was expensive since we are already paying for expensive software. Since most of our designs are part of a system, everything was already designed. We just imported .dwg files into PlasmaCam, converted to cut paths and cut. Super easy. Now we will have to send out for the pieces.

As for pick up only... I did not keep the crate it came in, so boxing it up would take some doing, but everything is negotiable.

Ted

Is this machine still available or is it sold, thanks Rick.

No, It sold back in 2012.
    Thanks,
    Ted