585,973 active members*
3,932 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > Free Nesting Software for Plasma, Laser, Waterjet Cutting

View Poll Results: Will you use a free nesting software with your cnc laser cutter ?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe

0 0%

Post Free Nesting Software for Plasma, Laser, Waterjet Cutting

Recently, we have released a free edition of our nesting software MOST 2D, that supports a flexible post-processor. It can generate cnc codes for all the major cnc gas, plasma, laser and waterjet cutting machines. Besides, the post-processor is customizable.

You can download it from the Promotions page on our website MOST 2D - Nesting Software or from the direct link http://www.most2d.com/most10.msi.

Above release is equivalent to the commercial edition of the software, released in 2010, in terms of its nesting & toolpath generation functions. However, the GUI has been altered a bit to suit the theme for this version.

If you find it useful, please let me know.

Ketan S. Acharya

(Details regarding the commercial edition of the software is available at the Product page of our website.)

I just installed this software but it won't let me import dxf files. It says that I have to convert dxf files into mdf files. How do I do that?

dxf files in ITEM

You will find an application named ITEM in your program group. You can convert dxf files into MDF files using ITEM. However, please follow the guidelines for preparing the dxf files (R-12 format, 2-dimensional, 1:1 scale, continuous & closed set of lines & circular arcs only). If the files still do not work, mail me one such dxf file at [email protected] .

Thank you for your time and interest.

Ketan