586,009 active members*
4,952 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Hello from new Cincinatti Arrow 500 owner...

Hello from new Cincinatti Arrow 500 owner...

Hey guys,
    A little while back I posted here asking for input on an arrow 500 machine I was looking at. The responses were very helpful and I have been researching the machine since then. Well I am excited to say that as of yesterday afternoon I am the proud owner of that same machine. It has the Control techniques control in it and I am now preparing to move the machine to my shop and get started with it. The machine had a problem right now with the Z axis drive. The 200 Z axis amp is bad and I checked on the repair with CT and they said they still support it and that it will be around a grand or so warranteed for a year. I am going to try to get that unit repaired right away so I can get the machine up and running as soon as possible. I am open to hear ANY ideas and suggestions about the machine and things to look for or problem areas. The machine is apparently a 1994 model and is in good shape physically. I have a lot to do here cleaning up my shop and making some room in there but I am really excited to finally be the owner or a decent VMC... Now the adventure begins so I hope to be able to lean on you guys here for help a bit until I get this machine sorted out. hehe peace

Pete

Wow man....

Eighty views and not one response? I guess this place is pretty dead. Anyways, I am preparing to move the machine here sometime next week. I found out that I actually have a spare maxax 100 drive I am getting with the machine. I am thinking that maybe I can find someone who has a spare maxax 200 drive that needs a maxax 100 that would wish to trade. It is basically new in the box here with some paperwork on it. I have not really looked at it that closely but if anyone has this please let me know. I have the option of sending the maxax 200 out to be refurbished to several places online including the manufacturer apparently. Do any of you have suggestions or input on who to trust to do the repair work if I cannot trade it out. Thanks and peace

Pete

Congrats Pete, I have been following you for months. Although I have 2 Arrow 1000's with the A2100's and a Sabre 1000 with an 850SX. I know nothing about the CT's. Where abouts are you in TN.? I grew up in east TN. and spent a few years in middle TN in an iron foundry. Still have customers there and my son lives in Dayton . I do visit from time to time when the lottery winnings get big. PM me some time if the places I mention are near you. I can spend all night talking shop. Good luck with your find!
    Scott

Scott....

Wow man you have got yourself some heavy machinery there. I would love to put a 1000 in my shop but I dare say it would not fit. Actually It would fit but I would never be able to put my car in there anymore and would probably have to sell a few machines to make room. My ceiling is like 9.5 feet high so I dunno if that is a no go but I can cut a hole in it because the attick is really tall.

I am in the Maryville, Tennessee area and am just about fifteen minutes south of Knoxville. I am always willing to meet another cnc machinist and Zoner member. PM me the next time you are in the area and we can have a chat and some lunch.

I just bought a very nice used GMW 20HP rotary Phase converter for the shop and it should be here next week sometime. Tomorrow I plan to go over and tinker on the 500 and see what I can do with it and maybe clean it up a bit. Hoping I can get some things going even before I get it home.

Do you use your machines to make your living or do you just like having such heavy iron in your shop? Anyways I'll PM you my number and maybe you can give me a call sometime and we can chat Cincinatti. Looking forward to joining the fold here... peace

Pete