585,722 active members*
4,396 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki lathes > Machine booting problem (not ready alarm)

Post Machine booting problem (not ready alarm)

how to solve this problem. We have mori seiki zl45 fanuc control Ottc machine. When power on this machine, show first picture. Booting screen and not ready alarm. When I can push only some keys in keyboard such as program/ parameter/ postion, ect.. machine screen show but not ready alarm.
    Otherwise parameter enable or any axis card power off then machine power on, suddenly show every each alarm.
    Why is the problem? Please explain me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11.jpg   12.jpg  

Well, the 100PS alarm is you left the PWE on, dangerous thing to do for no reason. Not ready is waiting for something to boot up. Could be a door lock, emergency stop, lost parameter, drive not communicating, or main board issue. For gods sake, replace the panel overlay. Thats one of the worst ive seen. 100 bucks now is a lot cheaper than 500 for a new keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Well, the 100PS alarm is you left the PWE on, dangerous thing to do for no reason. Not ready is waiting for something to boot up. Could be a door lock, emergency stop, lost parameter, drive not communicating, or main board issue. For gods sake, replace the panel overlay. Thats one of the worst ive seen. 100 bucks now is a lot cheaper than 500 for a new keyboard.
    thanks for your reply. according to your advice, i think it is relative to parameter problem. reasonly i lost all parameter in this machine. but i have copy of all parameter. uploard by hand all parameter then all alarm going out. now there is no any alarm message. still i have upload one page diagnostic parameter but i dont know how can upload to machine. normal parameters, i can insert by input (emegncy button + parmeter enable mode). but same mode i cann't input diagnostic parameter.
    explain me how can i give those parameter?

how can i input diagnostic parameter?

ya, exactly that is parameter problem. now it' okay. now i can give dignostic parmeter too. but some place not accept. I dont know what is the reason as well now crt show this alarm: ex570 insufficient lubrication alarm. how can solve this one?

Been too long for me to help on a 0 control. I know the 16/18/21 well enough. Could do it if I was standing in front of it I'm sure. You may need to go through aux, 97 input if it has it.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Been too long for me to help on a 0 control. I know the 16/18/21 well enough. Could do it if I was standing in front of it I'm sure. You may need to go through aux, 97 input if it has it.
    what does it mean "aux, 97 input "? please explain.

EX570 is a PLC alarm, you need to see on the ladder diagram what is causing it. You can do this by pressing the PARAM key several times until it shows you the ladder. Then look for the bit that is turning on this alarm and solve whatever the problem it has.

First off, you need to check the pressure of the Waylube pump. Should be a manual button on it. Press it, watch the gauge. Should go up in to the green area of the gauge. If not, you need to find the problem. Plug the output of the pump and check pressure. Should go in to the green right away. If not, something wrong or plugged up in the pump. If it does, you have either a broken line, or the metering units are bad. If all this checks good, then it still could be a parameter issue, mostly a timer setting. keep in mind this is a high pressure pump, over 200 psi.

Mori has special codes sometimes to get in the machine side parameters. If you have the d data parameters, if this machine even uses them, you press either custom or aux depending on the panel, and then type 95 input. 97 input is another one. You need the d data for this machine for it to work. I'm not sure on this on a 0 control, been a long time.

or another way is to just go to the PMC and press softkey PMCPRM then using the softkeys to switch screens look for PMC parameter numbers starting with D

You should double check your PMC parameters.
    Because lubrication on and off is set on timers,
    Perhaps a wrong value inserted?
    On some FANUC 0 is not possible to see ladder
    But diagnostic soft key shows status of INPUT/OUTPUT, You have to have FANUC Manual in order to see crossreference
    ROBBY

thanks for everybody for your comments.

I dont have parameter details book. only have 2 types parameter list.
    1. Head 1 parameter list (No.1 to No. 9003)
    and Head 2 parameter list (No.1 to No. 9003)

2. Diagnostic list (No.300 to No.549)

I dont have any problem with first one because i can give completely to machine.
    2nd one, diagnositc, 450 to 550, i can give normally by hand. but 315 to 449 some places i can not give, no take machine this parameter only some places.

if i need to change lubrication pump parameter how can i find exact number that place.

you need to look it up in the pmc parameter manual or find it in the ladder