585,729 active members*
4,900 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

I have No Idea

I had a mild introduction to artCAM in High school and enjoyed what it could do, but at the time I really had no idea what I was doing, it has been a few years and I havn't tuched the program since. I have been given access to a computer with ArtCAM on it and I would like to play and maybe get a seat of my own but I am lost on how to use the program it is so different from every other CAD/CAM program out there. I am in the Vancouver area of BC Canada and am looking for classes maybe a good book with step by step insturction. I am basicly starting from scratch here and I have watched all the falsh videos on the artcam site and they are of no help at all he skipps way to many steps I need like a step by step visual guide, tutorials anything at all.

Hi. I'll be happy to provide on-line training.

Send me an e-mail.

[email protected]

thanks, and ynneb if you read the last bit of my post I said I have viewd all those flash videos and they were of little to no help he skips to much, I need a very basic, this it the draw tool this is how you use it, sort of deal.

I would suggest subscribing the the ArtCam forum on their website. It is a lot more active than this one. I think there are some other tutorials and such that are not on the main website pages, but you can get to them from the forum.

One other idea is to contact them for any ArtCam users in your area. You may be able to work out a deal for some training in exchange for some work.

Although it is for ShopBot PartWizard and ArtCAM Insignia-E, this is a 4.5hr video on ALL of the 2D tools and 2D toolpaths. Each and every tool from start to finish is discussed in detail. The 2D tools in Insignia-E are IDENTICAL to ArtCAM Pro. There are maybe 3 or 4 2D tools more in Pro...but it is all 100% identical in the lighter 2D versions like Insignia etc.

Before you can make any progress in the 3D tools in Pro, you really need to have a firm handle on the 2D tools. I have been using Pro professionally for about 4 years now.

Here's a link to the video: www.cncvideos.com

-Brady

FYI- Here's a comparison between ArtCAM Pro 8.1 vs. ArtCAM Insigina 3.6 and ShopBot PartWizard 2 (which is identical to Insignia-E). Note the similarities of the 2D tools.

-Brady
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ComparePro.jpg  

thanks braidmeister but it says US delivery so I have sent them an e-mail about Canada, hope I can get it. Thats amazing how close they all are, pro looks the most complex so if I learn pro im pretty much good to go on all three.