585,764 active members*
4,533 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: hawk 250 PSU

Unhappy hawk 250 PSU

I'm having problems with a PSU on hawk 250. I Sent off simodrive and cards for diagnostic as was having problems with the 5v output. Diagnostics have come back with all cards and drive perfect, suggesting problem is with psu. Anyone know which psu could be/ where its situated in cabinet? Machine has been down 2 months now and am really frustrated with it!!!
    Any help appreciated

Since you mention you have already sent a simodrive in for inspection, I am assuming you are referring to the Drive's power supply (there are also other power supplies in the machine not directly related to the Axis drives). The drive power supply unit will be mounted with the Drives, connected by a DC BUS (2 heavy wires or connectors that bring DC power from the power supply to each of the spindle and axis drives.)

In most Cincinnatis, the power supply is mounted on the left, followed by the spindle drive(s), then axis drives. It should be pretty obvious which is the power supply, but if in doubt, look at the label on each of the drive components.

thanks

it would be psu for the drives. i can find one siemens component labbeled psu2 at the top left of the cabinet which i think is mainly for computer end of things?
    tracing back from the simodrive, next component is labbeled "choke" and then "IND1" think this may be it? power feeds into this unit and then through choke, onto simodrive? i know i sound stupid on this one but i'm used to older machines which are more basic!!
    Again, thanks for the help and if you could confirm which one is most likely part i'm after, would appreciate it.

Here is a picture of the typical setup (although this is from a VMC).

The choke is on the far left of the picture (partially cut off), the first component in the bank of drives (on the left) is the Power Supply, then spindle drive, followed by X drive, Y/Z drive and A drive on the far right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3696.jpg