584,846 active members*
4,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Good spec small machines

I had a 500x300mm machine (Yorklaser 350D) but sold it as it took up too much space in the small apartment we now live in.

I'm not keen on the small Shenhui machines that sell for £500 on Ebay. They are just a bit too cheap and nasty. As a minimum they will need a DSP controller and they don't have a height adjustable table. Next size up on Ebay are machines similar to the Yorklaser I had. They cost around £2000.

I'd like a 40-50W machine with a reasonable sized cutting area (400x300mm or thereabouts - a bit smaller would be OK). Should have DSP, height adjustable table (don't need more than 100mm adjustment), decent linear guides. Does anyone make a machine with this spec?

If I can't find one I may have to go the route of cutting down a Ebay 500x300 machine - there is a lot of empty space in those and I don't need so much height adjustment.

Smile

Hi,

We have LG3040(300x400mm) Laser Engraver and WK40A(200x300mm) Laser Engraver.

They are 40W Co2 Laser Tube. And LG3040 could use 60W Co2 Laser Tube.

They could engrave perfectly!

I send you prive SMS to tell the price.

Any questions,pls fell free to contact with me!

Abby
    G.Weike laser Factory
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by epilotdk View Post
    I had a 500x300mm machine (Yorklaser 350D) but sold it as it took up too much space in the small apartment we now live in.

I'm not keen on the small Shenhui machines that sell for £500 on Ebay. They are just a bit too cheap and nasty. As a minimum they will need a DSP controller and they don't have a height adjustable table. Next size up on Ebay are machines similar to the Yorklaser I had. They cost around £2000.

I'd like a 40-50W machine with a reasonable sized cutting area (400x300mm or thereabouts - a bit smaller would be OK). Should have DSP, height adjustable table (don't need more than 100mm adjustment), decent linear guides. Does anyone make a machine with this spec?

If I can't find one I may have to go the route of cutting down a Ebay 500x300 machine - there is a lot of empty space in those and I don't need so much height adjustment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG3040 Laser Engraving Machine (Engraver).jpg   WK40A Laser Engraving Machine ( Engraver).jpg  

You can get the DSP controller separately from here: 2012 Commercial DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller. Support CorelDraw & AutoCad

They also sell a complete machine with DSP, but it's a bit pricey: Professional 40W CO2 Laser Engraving/Cutter machine with DSP Controller. Shipping included!!

Hi,epilotdk,

i have a good friend in your countryl. I know there is a very famous laser seller called Hpc Laser, their machiines are both good and cheap. For such a small machine, no need to import from abroad. You will have to wait for long time and the importing process is really frustrating.

Smile DSP for small machine

Yes epilotdk, for most laser machines, there is no seperate DSP controller, its DSP system and controlling board will be installed on the machine body. You just need to press the board panel to operate it.

I don't mind importing a machine from China. I have done so twice already. My first laser was from G. Weike (through Jack Yin though so the origin may be dubious). I work for a Chinese company so I know the pitfalls of dealing directly with Chinese companies. I spend a lot of my time trying to convince our HQ in China that business culture is different here in Europe and after sales care is an important factor.

HPC Laser are too expensive in my opinion and they don't have a machine that really fits the requirements anyway.

I would have no problems installing a DSP controller to upgrade a machine but in case of the likes of the DC-40 it is really not worth it IMHO as the rest of the machine is low quality.

The LG3040 looks like it could fit my needs so I will look into that in more detail.

Smile LG3040 laser

Yes Epilotdk, business culture in China and Europe is different. I can understand some one who bought laser from China, but they thought the after sale is not good. Just because it is so far away, Chinese manufacture can only supply online service, but can't send engineer to there, it is too costly.

Any way, you ever bought laser machine from GWEIKE before, so i think you can operate it with no problem. Considering HPC laser in local is too expensive, maybe choose one small laser with low cost from Chinese manufacture directly will be the good choice. If you want more detail information, maybe can tell me your email, then i can help to send you. And also hope to see after you installing DSP controller to the machine, what it will be look like.

Quote Originally Posted by bettylee410 View Post
    Yes Epilotdk, business culture in China and Europe is different. I can understand some one who bought laser from China, but they thought the after sale is not good. Just because it is so far away, Chinese manufacture can only supply online service, but can't send engineer to there, it is too costly.
    As long as good online service is provided you are moving a step in the right direction. Sadly many Chinese laser manufacturers don't provide a good service once the sale has been completed. They give the whole industry a bad name. Quality control is another issue - many machines need work before they can be used.

whole laser industry

Some laser manufactures gave a bad name to the whole industry. That's also what we worry about and what we hate. We hope all the manufactures can pay the most attention to machine quality and after sale service gradually. But some body who wants to by laser always be attracted by lowest price, that's why some manufactures supply bad quality machine with lower price. Now many people think Chinese laser is bad quality, that's doleful for the whole laser industry. Hope it can be improved gradually.

In China, there really is a lot of bad laser enterprise, but there are still some large laser enterprise is good.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlasercutter View Post
    In China, there really is a lot of bad laser enterprise, but there are still some large laser enterprise is good.
    You are right but separating the good from the bad involves a lot of investigative effort by the customer. Reading through posts on forums like this one certainly helps.

I work for a very large Chinese company and they are well aware that they need local employees in order to have success in the European market. The Chinese laser manufacturers do not have a local retail/wholesale presence in many countries. It doesn't help that when there are local operations, some of them are of dubious quality. There are many box shifters looking to make a quick buck. I'm also not convinced that Chinese manufacturers are prepared to provide proper dealer backup so becoming a dealer may not be an attractive proposition.