585,991 active members*
5,740 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New Hypertherm 85

I just tried out my new PM85 yesterday and I think I have some noise interferences. Some time just as the torch fires my X home limit switch is tripped. Also have a question about the manual only gives the voltage setting not the amps. How do you know what amps to set it at?

The mechanized cut charts in the Powermax manuals lists the amperage at the top of the page. I am looking at my operators manual right now....on the cut chart for 65A Shileded consumables.....it says "65A shielded" at the top of the page.....65A means 65 amps....and that is the setting for all of the materials listed on that page.

The voltage column is for users that use an arc voltage high control with a voltage setting as the starting point....use this on your first cut and then adjust until the cut height matches the cut height in the chart.

You can adjust amperage as needed.....however the specs in the manual were developed in Hypertherm's labs...and will provide excellent cut quality as well as long consumable life. Rule of thumb: never exceed the rated amperage of a set of consumables....it is ok to run at lower amperage (although expect a softer arc, more dross and angularity).

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by travmc1 View Post
    I just tried out my new PM85 yesterday and I think I have some noise interferences. Some time just as the torch fires my X home limit switch is tripped. Also have a question about the manual only gives the voltage setting not the amps. How do you know what amps to set it at?

Thanks Jim!