584,830 active members*
5,930 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Autodesk > AutoCAD LT and Dual Monitors

AutoCAD LT and Dual Monitors

Searched but cannot find the exact info I need.

I have two monitors hooked up to my system. One is the laptops screen and the other is an external monitor. All is working as it should with the two monitors.

My question is this:
    I've opened up widget B and I've got some information that's on widget A that I want to look at while working on widget B. My idea was that I would open both widgets and have on open on one monitor and one open on the other monitor.

Problem is: I cannot get it to do this. I can move ACLT to one monitor or the other but not both at the same time.

Any suggestions from the Kings of AutoCAD?

Thanks,
    The Body Armor Guy

Ok, I feek kind of stupid but I fould a solution. Not sure if it's the best way to handle it. Seems to be that the system is using double the processor doing it this way.

Open ACLT on one monitor and then open ACLT a second time on the other monitor.

Works but weigh in if there is a better way to do what I need.

Thanks,
    A

Can you have LT spread across both monitors? If so, how about going to the Window menu and choosing Tile Vertically?

If not, just run two copies as you found. It should use to many more resources than a single copy.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I don't use LT but should be the same. I have stretched a window acroos the two and manually set the two drawings so one appeared on each screen.

2nd option; Download Autodesk's free viewer and use it to view one while working on the other. I would think it would use a lot less CPU resources than AutoCAD

3rd option; Plot to PDF and open the file that way (delete when done)

Quote Originally Posted by HLC_Fiesta View Post
    I don't use LT but should be the same. I have stretched a window acroos the two and manually set the two drawings so one appeared on each screen.

2nd option; Download Autodesk's free viewer and use it to view one while working on the other. I would think it would use a lot less CPU resources than AutoCAD

3rd option; Plot to PDF and open the file that way (delete when done)
    Unfortunately, when I say "reference" I mean going over and measuring a line and such. Looks like the best way I've found so far is to just run two open programs.

Thanks for the input.

Not computer savy but if I'm understanding things correctly, AutoCAD Electrical 2013 w/o a drawing open is using 3x the memory as DWG TrueView 2013 with a drawing open. You can do quite a bit with it too.

If two sessions open at the same time slows your computer down, you may want to look into TrueView. If you don't have it, download it from AutoDesk's website.

Or one session stretched over two screens;