585,705 active members*
3,787 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

How to replace RDCAM 5.1 Laserworks Software?

I got a chinese laser machine and it has the RDCAM/Laserworks software. The machine is ok but the software sucks. There´s not much freedom to do things. I tried installing Corel and Autocad as suggested but it didn´t work. Any plugin to cut directly from Illustrator?

Thanks

Ivan

RDcam is as good as any other generic chinese software , if you want to migrate to a later version or lasercut , you will have to change your motherboard and lcd panel. RDcam is a front end , basically a driver. If you go to Corel or Acad all that happens with the "plugins" is that it exports an AI (ver8) file to Rdcam. You might as well design in illustrator if you want. Rdcam is actually a lot more powerful in some respects than some of the "western" drivers that work straight from Corel. You can pay 3-5x the price for a nice mainstream machine if you wish , you wont have to deal with the extra export as ai step .....

hi,
    i am in process of aranging a next deal for next customer of mine,
    so here i have some question on the RDcam sofware. Does this software has an option of direct output? Means no downloading any data to the mainboard ( even if the soft still has this option to keep the "offline" functionality )
    The matter is about the specific need of my customers to use the old type of online direct output functionality which was using 6 years ago ( and more ) by the chinese laser assembly.
    If Ivan, can say little more about why this v5.1 sucks, would be very helpfull I guess.
    ( I still cant understand should this soft be named Laserwork, or DRCAM .. but whatever, it depends for sure of the mainboard model type assembly)
    Thanks,
    Ilia