585,875 active members*
4,091 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Version 2.0 released!!!

Version 2.0 has been released!

I have sent out emails to all existing customers, with the new file attached. If you are an existing customer and haven't received it, please contact me. If your email address has not changed, please look in spam/junk folders before contacting me. If your email address has changed, let me know both your old one (or at least the name it was purchased under so I can locate you) and the new one. A few people have emailed me recently to notify me of email changes, and unfortunately I lost track of most of them, so I'll need you to resend the info. Sorry about that.

The final document ended up being 170 pages. There is some additional content, such as limit switch info, wiring diagrams for Xylotex and Gecko G540, Mach3 basic configuration, and my new spoilboard setup. There are almost 350 photos, almost all of which are new. And I managed to reduce the overall file size from 16.6MB to 6.6MB.

I'll be launching a website soon, and the website and this forum will be the venues where I will announce any updates in the future. It is getting really cumbersome to send out revisions to everyone automatically, and I hate to keep sending things to people who may no longer be interested. Rest assured, all existing customers will always be able to contact me and get the latest version.

I'm planning on the website also being a place to post additional information. There are a few things that didn't make it into this version of the plans (such as dust collection), so that will be good starting content to add to my new site. Adding a 3d printing head is another project that I'll probably post both here on the 'zone, and on the new site.

If you aren't an existing customer, the listing is still posted on ebay. Purchasing through there will get you version 2.0, although the listing hasn't been fully updated yet.

I'll hopefully be getting some new videos posted over the next couple of weeks as well.

If anyone finds any errors in the plans, or has any problems, please contact me directly. Use this email address, so my CNCzone box doesn't overflow: [email protected]

Enjoy the new plans, and thanks for the patience.
    -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by parallel__lines View Post
    Version 2.0 has been released!

I have sent out emails to all existing customers, with the new file attached. If you are an existing customer and haven't received it, please contact me. If your email address has not changed, please look in spam/junk folders before contacting me. If your email address has changed, let me know both your old one (or at least the name it was purchased under so I can locate you) and the new one. A few people have emailed me recently to notify me of email changes, and unfortunately I lost track of most of them, so I'll need you to resend the info. Sorry about that.

The final document ended up being 170 pages. There is some additional content, such as limit switch info, wiring diagrams for Xylotex and Gecko G540, Mach3 basic configuration, and my new spoilboard setup. There are almost 350 photos, almost all of which are new. And I managed to reduce the overall file size from 16.6MB to 6.6MB.

I'll be launching a website soon, and the website and this forum will be the venues where I will announce any updates in the future. It is getting really cumbersome to send out revisions to everyone automatically, and I hate to keep sending things to people who may no longer be interested. Rest assured, all existing customers will always be able to contact me and get the latest version.

I'm planning on the website also being a place to post additional information. There are a few things that didn't make it into this version of the plans (such as dust collection), so that will be good starting content to add to my new site. Adding a 3d printing head is another project that I'll probably post both here on the 'zone, and on the new site.

If you aren't an existing customer, the listing is still posted on ebay. Purchasing through there will get you version 2.0, although the listing hasn't been fully updated yet.

I'll hopefully be getting some new videos posted over the next couple of weeks as well.

If anyone finds any errors in the plans, or has any problems, please contact me directly. Use this email address, so my CNCzone box doesn't overflow: [email protected]

Enjoy the new plans, and thanks for the patience.
    -Bob
    Just receivved them, they look great and the text as usual very informative, thanks!

The new plans look very nice and the time you've spent on them is apparent. Will be looking them over in more detail this week.

So, what's cookin for 3.0?
    "72.6 per cent of all statistics are made up on the spot." - Steven Wright

So, what's cookin for 3.0?
    On the immediate horizon is getting a website launched.

I'm also working on a 3d printhead for the machine, with standalone heater electronics so 3d printing can easily be done with Mach3. I"m working on an all-metal hotend, and if it performs as hoped I'll release the plans as open source. It'll be made out of a few pieces of aluminum that can easily be milled on a Momus machine. Lots of testing still ahead on this one though.

For 3.0? Hmm, well I do have this 5 foot long piece of aluminum tube that is hoping to become a gantry...

-bob

Quick Question:

Part #26 (nut plate block) calls for a 2" piece of .75" x 1.25". The BOM does not show a 2" piece of .75" x 1.25" stock but does show an unused 1.25" piece.

BOM for .75 x 1.25" 6061-T6:
    1 @ 1.25" - ?????
    2 @ 2.25" - Parts 7 , 8
    1 @ 6.75" - Part 13
    2 @ 4.25" - Parts 41 , 42

Any ideas ?