585,754 active members*
3,858 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Max spindle speed Tsugami BW-07

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!We are trying to program a small (.0225) through hole on a Tsugami BW-07, the machine is supposed to have a max spindle speed of 12000 RPM but is maxing out at 8000 RPM. Is there a parameter or programming code I can change that will allow us to max out the main spindle?? We bought the machine used and have been trying to get it up and running. Thanks for your help!!

Can anyone help?????

:drowning:

Quote Originally Posted by LATHEGIRL View Post
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!We are trying to program a small (.0225) through hole on a Tsugami BW-07, the machine is supposed to have a max spindle speed of 12000 RPM but is maxing out at 8000 RPM. Is there a parameter or programming code I can change that will allow us to max out the main spindle?? We bought the machine used and have been trying to get it up and running. Thanks for your help!!

Need some more info. Is the machine using the "cage" type guide bushing unit? That is used on some older machines, and when using water soluble coolant. In this case, it could be limiting the RPM by parameter. What size is the barstock? You may need to use the stationary guide bushing or the non-synchronized guide bushing if it has them.

Thanks Tech,

Are you talking about the type of guide that connects the spindle to the back of the bushing, yes that is what is installed in the machine. We are in the process of trying to get this up and running, it was purchased used and we are working the bugs out. I am not real familiar with this specific type of machine. I did not have bar stock in the machine, I went through MDI and steadily increased spindle speed, I also tried constant surface feed and handled the tool down below center with the same 8000 rpm max result. Do you happen to know anything about which parameter it may be that needs changing? I appreciate the response!!!

I don't think you can go any faster with the type of guide bushing unit that is in there. It is limited on RPM due to design constraints of that type of unit. The only way you can go faster is to use a different type of guide bushing. If that is the case, you may want to contact your local distributor for advice, or contact Rem Sales, the Tsugami importer Home

Can you check the spindle motor part number? it should start with A06B- Also, what kind of control do you have?
    Regards
    Alex

Alex,
    Where can I find that number? The controller is a Tsugami-Fanuc LM1. Thank you for any information you may be able to share!!!

The part number of the motor should be on one side of the motor, usually where you cannot see it easily!
    Or maybe you can check the data sheet. The data sheet will tell you what kind of control you have. Fanuc LM1 is not the Fanuc control.
    Attached you will find how the data sheet should look like. The data sheet maybe found inside the electric cabinet or the maintenance manual.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails datasheet (2).jpg