585,685 active members*
4,680 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > NEMA23 or NEMA34 closed loop stepper Motor System-Hybrid Servo kit

do you have 3 NEMA23 kits in stock?

More pictures here. They are in stock now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KL-5080Hkit.jpg   KL-8082Hkit.jpg  

Would these be a direct replacement for 380oz nema 23's with .5" lead 5 start acme screws? (besides the 8mm output shafts)

Also running a 50 volt supply with a returned energy dump.

Thanks!
    Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
    Would these be a direct replacement for 380oz nema 23's with .5" lead 5 start acme screws? (besides the 8mm output shafts)

Also running a 50 volt supply with a returned energy dump.

Thanks!
    Dylan
    You can replace the NEMA23 motors
    use thieKL-4820 48VDC, 20A power supply
    High-Torque Stepper Motor, Stepper Motor, Driver, Stepper Motor kit, DC Servo Motor, DC Servo Motor kit, Stepper Motor Power Supply, CNC Router, Spindle, and other Components. Automation Technology Inc

Poer supply
    High-Torque Stepper Motor, Stepper Motor, Driver, Stepper Motor kit, DC Servo Motor, DC Servo Motor kit, Stepper Motor Power Supply, CNC Router, Spindle, and other Components. Automation Technology Inc

So 50 volts is too much even with a returned energy dump? My power supply will handle the amps no problem.

More details please, im sure many of us with 380oz steppers and the g540 want to know

Quote Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
    So 50 volts is too much even with a returned energy dump? My power supply will handle the amps no problem.

More details please, im sure many of us with 380oz steppers and the g540 want to know
    if switching power supply, 50 volts will be ok.

if it is unregulated power supply, max volts will be less 50vdc

Why Hybrid servo much more expensive than servo? NEMA 23 Closed Loop Stepper Motor System-Hybrid Servo Kit, 32 bit DSP Based is 299.95 USD while G320X and 1125 oz in servo is 114USD + 149 usd.

These will run a leadscrew direct drive, a normal dc servo needs some sort of speed reduction, so add that to the cost.

Also dont forget the encoder, all wiring and time spent tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelinginc View Post
    I have a return energy dump (schematic from gecko) to keep the voltage from rising at the supply from decelerating motors.

Unregulated supply

Just measured voltage again, with all 3 steppers powered up I'm at 45 volts after the return dump.

Also do these motors have a .25" shaft? the spec sheet says 8mm. Never mind, specs say .25" now.

Dylan

A few years ago when I bought a TAIG this is what I wanted! Went for a Xylotec and that was nothing but problems for me. Just was not fast enough and lost steps because of me trying to push it past 8IPM =P. I now have servos from kelinginc.net and gecko drives that are just awesome.

In anycase I was searching the internet and saw the kelinginc.net websites new items. I loaded CNCZone and searched for info on these and found this post. Anyone tried them? I'm getting 90IPM on the x,y and 60IPM on the Z with no problems and would like to know how that compares to these steppers.

FYI my kelinginc.net servos are the smaller 230oz ones and not 100% on the power supply but I remember buying it because the voltage was good for the servos so it is near the recommended 36v.