585,758 active members*
4,509 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > tool measurement h and d offset tool page

tool measurement h and d offset tool page

does anyone know how to measure tools, and use the same number for both the h and d offset? have a mori with a fanuc 525 control. nothing really different same as other fanuc controls. i dont mean touching every tool used in a program off the top of the part , i am referring to actually measuring the tool. the tool will have a positive value from the spindle.there r only 100 tools that can be stored in the tool page. i have more than that. need all the space i can get rather than clutter the whole page with d and h offsets. really need a page for both. any help?

Set up a "library" of tools, say 90 thru 100, that are standard type description that you can change. Use a macro that addresses a specific tool in that library and changes it to what the particular tool you're using has as its D and H.
    .... Say you've got a 1/2"dia endmill in 92, but the tool you want to use is undersize or maybe metric, have the macro go to tool 92 and subtract the difference between the real tool and the library value. Have the program reset the value to the preset library value at the end, so next program everything's back to default values.

This way, your tooling options are endless, and all you need is to write a handfull of macros that you can plug in, and a list of the default values to refer to.

Tool
    #90 = face mills
    #91 = drills
    #92 = endmills
    #93 = chamfer cutters
    #94 = taps
    .....and so on.

All this predicated, of course, on your Fanuc having macro capability.

If it's possible I would make a toollist at the beginning of your Prog, that writes the r and l into the desired toolnr. In my big programmes I make it as well with the programmline where the tool is called.