585,888 active members*
4,565 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > G-Code Programing > I need to program my spindle to rotate one full turn and stop on the same position...

I need to program my spindle to rotate one full turn and stop on the same position...

hi all,

I need to program my spindle to rotate one full turn and stop on the same position...

I know i can program
    S5M03
    G4P.003
    M05
    If i calculate using the RPM/time I would come up with the right time to use as P value but, I don't know how accurate that is...

what would be the easiest way of programming it?
    macro?
    a G code to turn one full revolution?

thank you guys and have a great weekend

You need a spindle with a position feedback sensor to do what you want to do. Your example will fail because it can not account for the spindle acceleration / deceleration time.

Also look into what is called "oriented spindle stop" commands. Another possibility is threading/boring canned cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspyro View Post
    You need a spindle with a position feedback sensor to do what you want to do. Your example will fail because it can not account for the spindle acceleration / deceleration time.

Also look into what is called "oriented spindle stop" commands. Another possibility is threading/boring canned cycles.
    my machine has G008/G009 automatic acceleration/decceleration...

the threading/boring canned cycles are a good idea but I am limited to one CW/CWW turn, one turn CW and one back turn CWW, reason why- there is going to be wire attached to the spindle.

With what system? M19 is spindle indexing, on many machines.
    M19 with an S code for indexing for example. Have you tryed that.

Example, M19 S360

Quote Originally Posted by Anders6612 View Post
    With what system? M19 is spindle indexing, on many machines.
    M19 with an S code for indexing for example. Have you tryed that.

Example, M19 S360
    nothing happens, the spindle waits for the next command... I have a HMC tosnuc-888 fanuc based

Quote Originally Posted by PRINT_FX View Post
    .....I am limited to one CW/CWW turn, one turn CW and one back turn CWW, reason why- there is going to be wire attached to the spindle.
    Even if you had spindle orientation I don't think it would help because most times the spindle turns a full 360 degrees then stops at the index position.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

On most spindles that have an encoder in order to orient the spindle for tool changes etc, there is a parameter to offset/shift in encoder counts from the index.
    I know Mitsubishi uses this method, and I would think Fanuc should also be capable, but as mentioned in a previous post, an encoder is needed on the final spindle.
    This is OK for stopping in a repeated position, not an arbitrary one.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hi,
    in order to be able to control a Fanuc Serial spindle under 1 rev means that the 1rev pulse from the position coder might be a "border case" for detection purpose.

therefore the spindle needs to be controled in servo mode, which brings only 2 methods to mind, rigid tapping or threading G32 commands.

should your machine be fitted with a analog spindle, i.e. not a fanuc spindle, then the capabilities of the drive is in question. then timing could be your only option.

You need to do a few tests on the machine to find out what you can do
    M19 is a positional stop and you need this as a starting point--some Fanuc controls can do multipal stop point like M19/M119/M219

Then the next one is can you machine toan s value or c value with it
    M19 C100
    This is what you need for what you want

M19 C0
    G91 C360.0
    G04 X1.0(dwell)
    G91 C-360.0
    G04 X1.0(dwell)
    G90

C-axis control is the only possibility which comes to my mind, but all machines do not have C-axis control.