584,871 active members*
5,427 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Sprutcam Text Generator Problem

Sprutcam Text Generator Problem

I am wondering if anyone has seen this or has come up with a fix for it...

I am using the Sprutcam text generator operation with stroked fonts.
    When I run the job operation, I select all the curves and all the letters highlight. However, after I have added them, Sprutcam omits half of the "B", "P" and "R" letters. It's like those curves just dissapeared, even though they were highlighted when I selected the curves to machine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Steve

I assume you mean no tool paths are generated for parts of the letters. If those parts are the curves then perhaps the radius of those curves is too small for the diameter of the tool.

I actually got it figured out. It was a problem with Sprutcam itself. I was only using a .005 diameter drag engraver, so it wasn't a radius issue.

I downloaded the new revision of Sprutcam from a few days ago and it solved the issue.

Steve

I've been seeing this problem on and off for years. What happens is that on some letters in some certain sizes for some particular fonts the curve-end flag needs to be moved manually to get the toolpath generator to complete the letter. Its helps to zoom in on the particular letter and manually move the end-flag to a few thou of completing the letter. If you take it all the way to the exact end, the flag will jump back to where it was originially. It is probably tied to some user setting but I've never spent time looking for it. You can get close enough though so that no gap can be distinguished in the actual engraved result. - Terry

Quote Originally Posted by mayhugh1 View Post
    I've been seeing this problem on and off for years. What happens is that on some letters in some certain sizes for some particular fonts the curve-end flag needs to be moved manually to get the toolpath generator to complete the letter. Its helps to zoom in on the particular letter and manually move the end-flag to a few thou of completing the letter. If you take it all the way to the exact end, the flag will jump back to where it was originially. It is probably tied to some user setting but I've never spent time looking for it. You can get close enough though so that no gap can be distinguished in the actual engraved result. - Terry
    My Sprutcam does the same thing, on a strokefont #6 it will leave half of it but the #9 is ok, and as stated I just move the arrows and all is good.
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by murphmoose View Post
    I actually got it figured out. It was a problem with Sprutcam itself. I was only using a .005 diameter drag engraver, so it wasn't a radius issue.

I downloaded the new revision of Sprutcam from a few days ago and it solved the issue.

Steve
    I am using Sprut #7 build 1.6, and mine does this, is the one you downloaded newer than 1.6?
    mike sr