584,826 active members*
5,080 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > transferring multiple programs from fanuc oi td to flash card

transferring multiple programs from fanuc oi td to flash card

Hi!!!! I have a fanuc Oi-td controller, i want to take full backup of all the programs on the controller to my flash card. Can any one tell me how to transfer multiple files from the controller to flash card in one go. I tried using (edit,o-9999,f output) but it didnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by vai_sa View Post
    Hi!!!! I have a fanuc Oi-td controller, i want to take full backup of all the programs on the controller to my flash card. Can any one tell me how to transfer multiple files from the controller to flash card in one go. I tried using (edit,o-9999,f output) but it didnt work.
    You need to type -9999 then [O SET]. If you don't specify an [F NAME] the file on the card will be named ALL-PROG.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0i-D Output Table.jpg  

Smile

thanx!!!!

Smile It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx!!!!

I would like to have all the programs in individual files instead of one ALL-PROGRAM.TXT file. If we download from Okuma controls using *.* all the programs are downloaded in separate files which makes it lot easier to edit or archive. Is there any parameter to change this?
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by arwinder View Post
    I would like to have all the programs in individual files instead of one ALL-PROGRAM.TXT file. If we download from Okuma controls using *.* all the programs are downloaded in separate files which makes it lot easier to edit or archive. Is there any parameter to change this?
    thanks.
    Not that I've found.

Re: transferring multiple programs from fanuc oi td to flash card

I have raised this with Fanuc Service recently (2015) this question ... it would seem using any of Guide I or Fanuc side options ...batch saving programs as individual files,cannot be achieved using any I/O device.

Q: My question to Fanuc Service UK....
    "I have a fanuc Oi-td controller, i want to take full backup of all the programs on the controller to my flash card. Can any one tell me how to transfer multiple files from the controller to flash card in one go. I tried using (edit,o-9999,f output) but it didn't work."
    A: The reply from Fanuc Service UK was .....
    "Sorry but what you are asking is not possible on the FANUC control.
    You must either output all programs individually or output as 1 file and then edit off-line."

Dcoupar already said that.

Hi,
    there is only one option, make a "memory dump" with O-9999,
    acquier a pc application with a file-split function to extract each individual file and save with its own number, (this is what you are after.)

SDComms, i use this software which have specific function and it does work, visit SDComms CNC Communication Software

regards

Hello all, new and learning programming. Can someone please help me on backing up Fanuc programs all at once in individual files? I tried O-9999 but it saves as ALLPROG.txt and I need individual program backup for easy access.

Not sure if there's any specific format I can insert to get it worked. Please helpppp

I use this one to split out the individual programs. It is open source and it's really short. You can easily read the whole thing quickly. It has no external dependencies. It's 100% C#.
    https://github.com/A9G-Data-Droid/Sp...rogram-Backup/

Buy yourself FANUC's ---- Program Transfer Tool, .... it's only €20,- in Europe, thats $24,- all you need is a good Ethernet connection.
    You can Upload or Download multiple files, Drag&Drop, we have the v.15 version which can handle BIN-files to create large files, the program to create these files is also €20,- but only available for the 0i-D and standard for the 0i-F series, you can create NC-programs up to 2Gb.

Check FANUC's YT-channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ttJ9_rNHC8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaFZn0n-Zto