585,743 active members*
5,036 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

5 axis 3D router build

Well for starters the pictures are of What I have to work with at the moment. My main concern is the TB6560 power up/down Issues. This is A newer board and has a 3rd SN74HC14N IC on it then the other boards I have seen. Plans are to build a big desktop cnc with x/y/z travel ruffly 14-16 inch .. somewhere around that size.. I have no real plans on that so far. I have the wood tools and welder so making the Mechanical part of a CNC is the simple part for me in a way. Its the whole electronics part That I'm sorta lost on.
    From what I have gathered I need to run a separate 5+V to the logic supply on every TB6560 and power that on first then turn the 12/24/36 volt on for the steppers ? Yes ? NO ? I have 1 good board that I have not hooked Anything too yet. The little power supply in picture next to the big one is out of a cd rw standalone burner.. So im thinking that would make a Nice little PS for the 5+ and 12V for the fans.. ? All help will be Appreciated..I'm teaching myself how to make PCBs too and I have a pic-it3 (not good at it yet )and some ic of differant sorts and some 555 timmers and spare chips off the fryed TB6560..
    Thanks
    Greg

Mounting in PC case

Well While im still scratching my head on what I need to do to board to keep from frying it. I figured id mount it and redo the heatsink...Feel free to chim in on this board and the extra chip it has the older ones dont..

So last night I finished up the little fuse power board for the 12V fan supply and the 5V logic supply for TB6560 chips.. Now tonight. I need to figure out what traces I need to cut on the 5 axis TB6560 board. That is till I saw another thread. Looks like removing the voltage regulator from board and feed the 5volt from the other power supply to it looks like the easiest smartest way ? Or should i Do both regulators ? supply both 12v and 5v from the small supply you see on right.. with the 3 fans pluged in the voltage drops from 12 to 11.66..as you can see in pictures..
    Nobody has chimed in yet.. so I guess I will just post pics and figure this out one way or another..

Any progress on this build?