586,005 active members*
4,932 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > OKUMA MC-500H Software!!

OKUMA MC-500H Software!!

We purchased an MC-500H Okuma Mill at an auction. After repairing and cleaning numerous drive boards, the machine no longer has any idea what the hell is going on...Had Gosiger come in and they said the batterys were pulled out and the machine lost everything. They want an arm and a leg for the duplicate software for this machine. My question to you is-Where can I find software for this machine? If even possible!

Thank You

Bill

Well, rumor has always been the disk are serialized for the machine. I have mixed and matched software in the past because of a bad floppy disk, and it worked fine. You would need to find someone with the same machine, same options, same control, that would loan you the disks.

Your best bet may be to see if the auction house can put you in touch with the last owner to see if they can give you the copy of software that should have come with the machine (usually kept in the control cabinet). The software is customized for the machine so software is only good for that specific machine. If you could lay your hands on the software for that exact machine model, control and, set of options you may be able to get it to work depending on the control you're using.

what control does yours have? I have a MC-50H with OSP5000M but dont know the difference between the two, I have discs for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by twicecustom View Post
    what control does yours have? I have a MC-50H with OSP5000M but dont know the difference between the two, I have discs for mine.
    It has OSP5020M Controls. Not sure if it would work either. We arent getting any cooperation from the auction house nor the company the machine came from. But we do have something the Machining house wants, that was still in the machine when we recieved it. So we are trying everything we can to get this software.