585,722 active members*
3,956 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Easily identify a previous T/Cplane

Easily identify a previous T/Cplane

Im working on a multiaxis project with over 200 C/Tplane. Sometimes I find myself having to go back to an existing T/Cplane for a new operation or reoperation.

My question is, is there an easy way of going back to an existing Gview and T/Cplane without having to identify them? Ie: like click on a face or key-stroke?

Thank you

Don't you just lable them as you create them?

yes it's what I'm doing...
    I'm just wondering if there is a easy way

Quote Originally Posted by PRINT_FX View Post
    yes it's what I'm doing...
    I'm just wondering if there is a easy way

Actually, I think if you go to G-view, you can just click on a face, and it will go to that view if there is already one created.

if you are going back to an existing operation MC will toggle automatically back to that T/C planes to make changes.to set planes I use the named views button that I added to my right click option. click the named view and only the T/C planes are changed to that view.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

PS there is an arrow at the lower left corner of the Named views window when picked it will show you all the views and you can pick the one you want to set.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Larry, if I go to Gview it opens the window with lot of options... doesn't alow me to select a face without picking an option first.

cadcam,
    Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    PS there is an arrow at the lower left corner of the Named views window when picked it will show you all the views and you can pick the one you want to set.
    true but, it is very confusing, lot of views are displayed close to each other... check my attached picture, maybe Im not setting it right...

thanks guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mastercam_views.jpg  

There is no option to pick a face and have it reference a all ready made plane that you made. the named views is the quick and easy way but you have to give it a reference name to help you just like giving info on levels is important. I am wondering after looking at the picture that you have that many plans for that part unless there is allot of data I am missing. Do you use the named views option to set your planes?

Are you programming a 5axis machine or a horz mahine?
    Cadcam

There is no option to pick a face and have it reference a all ready made plane that you made. the named views is the quick and easy way but you have to give it a reference name to help you just like giving info on levels is important. I am wondering after looking at the picture that you have that many plans for that part unless there is allot of data I am missing. Do you use the named views option to set your planes?

Are you programming a 5axis machine or a horz mahine?

if I understood your question right, to select after it was created yes, i go to name views and select it, but, to set it at the beginning I go to Planes/planes by geometry/solid and select, it creates always double view, one view with a location value set at x/y/z and other one with x/y/z set at zero...
    I'm still abit confused with this part but I am still learning...

I'm programing 5 axis on a HMC machine. C axis seating on a B table

Ok so you are not using the Dynamic Planes or Dynamic Wcs to set these planes.
    Sure wish I could talk to you. as I think what you are talking about is an easier way to make and set planes you want. I am in the middle programming a 5axis router my self and in the middle of teaching 5 AXIS in my classroom and about to start a new online class for it to.
    Cadcam

[QUOTE=PRINT_FX;1123402]Larry, if I go to Gview it opens the window with lot of options... doesn't alow me to select a face without picking an option first.

There is an option, Gview by solid face. Select the face, and if there is already a view defined, it will show that name as the current Gview.

It occured to me just now, I'm using X5MU1, what version are you running?

I am running X6 mu2
    Cadcam

[quote=Larry Dickman;1123510]
    Quote Originally Posted by PRINT_FX View Post

There is an option, Gview by solid face. Select the face, and if there is already a view defined, it will show that name as the current Gview.

It occured to me just now, I'm using X5MU1, what version are you running?
    I guess you are right indeed, it associates a new view to the existing one- it works indeed but why creating always a new view?
    I'm x5mu1 but in the process of installing the x6mu1

Ok so you are not using the Dynamic Planes or Dynamic Wcs to set these planes.
    Sure wish I could talk to you. as I think what you are talking about is an easier way to make and set planes you want. I am in the middle programming a 5axis router my self and in the middle of teaching 5 AXIS in my classroom and about to start a new online class for it to.
    why don't you pm me with the Info for the online class? I know your work, I had purchased some CDs from you in the past.

this project I'm working on is huge... you have no idea, months of programming time and machining- I see myself struggling with dynamic planes also because of the complexity of the project, layer, colors etc... picking the plane by geometry I only deal with the z direction.