585,762 active members*
4,085 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: gui icon

Page 1 of 2 12

gui icon

every time I close down V25,I get a little GUI Icon on my desk top.What is that about?How can I make those little "turds"not show up?Tired of deleting each time.

jr

i just emailed sowen about this, maybe just the demo
    turds huh?? i will make a folder for them :wee:

What do you mean? a BobCad Icon is created on the desktop when the app closes? got a picture?

dwood I bought yesterday,got license.Here are some pics.2 pic is Icon on deskstop,1 pic is part of what is in the little "turd".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turd 1.JPG   turd exhibit 2.JPG  

i have had gui_settings.ini file pop up 3 times and current.keymap appear
    once
    i have downloaded the last demo and installed with new windows updates
    today

jr get the disc , anything can happen with download

I opted not to pay 25 dollars fo shipping of disc.Is this bad decision?Everything appears to be alright except those turds.I am thinking that GUI is some kind of info about graphics.A file that is probably made all the time for about everything you do on computer,but just stores them where we usually don't see them.Or best guess is I don't know'but Burr is about to educate us.Thanx in advance Burr,you the Man.You need to tell us where to send the beer,there is quite a bunch of it by now.

i think we get a cleaner install with disc

That gui looks like if a guy knew what he was doin he could alter behavior of things in the software.Don't know really,was hoping someone would clue us in to what this is and how to hide the little turd.Should we make a folder and hide
    them,or over time will that create probs,and or,take up unnecessary memory?Not the biggest pain,more curious than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    That gui looks like if a guy knew what he was doin he could alter behavior of things in the software.Don't know really,was hoping someone would clue us in to what this is and how to hide the little turd.Should we make a folder and hide
    them,or over time will that create probs,and or,take up unnecessary memory?Not the biggest pain,more curious than anything.
    I'm just guessing, but you can try this.

Clcik your start button and copy and paste this:

Code:
    C:\Windows\System32\control.exe folders
    Select the view tab and read off the 5 items under the hidden files and folders area

says,no items match my search.I do have 64 bit if that makes a diff.

says,no items match my search.I do have 64 bit if that makes a diff.
    Just paste that whole line in and hit enter.

Thanx for the patience for the computer challenged people such as me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.JPG   1.JPG  

I opted not to pay 25 dollars fo shipping of disc.Is this bad decision?I noticed that some of the downloaded files went to program files and not x.86.I also noticed alot of folders are in a seperate V25 folder under local disc c.But so far everything seems to work good.Of course I only have a few hours of using so far.

I opted not to pay 25 dollars fo shipping of disc.Is this bad decision?.
    No. We can get a hash value for the download and I can tell you how to be sure it is ok...

I noticed that some of the downloaded files went to program files and not x.86.I also noticed alot of folders are in a seperate V25 folder under local disc c.But so far everything seems to work good.Of course I only have a few hours of using so far
    The program being installed in the program files folder instead of the (x86) one, is a 64 bit program. 32 bit programs go in the (x86) folder...

Since V24 Only the BobCad executable, machine editors and functional dll's (and the shortcut def) are stored in the program files folders... All the rest is stored in the "C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\[YOUR VERSION]" folder..

in to what this is and how to hide the little turd
    I'm just guessing, because I dont have it loaded, but it looks like part of the new verify program and settings that go/work with it. (It could also be BobCad making provision to store App settings other than the registry, but my guess from your screenshot is the new verifyer... BTW: It looks like ModuleWorks simulator. So thats not Predator anymore)

Try set the view settings to not show hidden files folders and drives, while you have one of the turds on the desktop, then see if it goes away.....

Hash,it's been near 40 years since I had any value for Hash.lolol.When the time comes,please spread the knowledge,until then,Thanks you very much for all the help.

turds are winning ,so far.Maybe Sowen will reply back to dwood with a fix.

jr
    i got another download 64 bit
    uninstalled, then hooked to internet, got all the updates (again)
    installed while hooked to internet, seems to have fixed it
    no little buggers running around so far

I'll request a file hash for the download.

No more x86 folder!

Since BobCAD is now native 64 bit, there is no longer a need to install to the x86 folder. All BobCAD executables and DLL's will reside in the Program Files folder in both 32 bit and 64 bit systems now.

As for the gui_settings.ini, that is the new simulation creating this. I will look into this and see how I can make it stop getting created on the desktop.

It really should make no difference whether its the demo or the full version, as these are the exact same pieces of software!

all is well after the new download, and new windows updates,
    i did everything i could and it did not return,

bob even did a remote session and everything was in the proper place

Page 1 of 2 12