585,733 active members*
4,786 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: simulator

simulator

appears there is quite a bit of stuff that is not workin in simulator.The first and biggest issue is the help files.Need a little info to run this thing better than have been.Can't figure out to make the simulation look very good after it is done.Can I change colors,shading,contast.Some kind of manual or somethin.I push their help file button,but guess,it don't work,sorry,but the way it is working for me now,Preditor Virtual 2 kicks its butt.Just sayin................

Sorry, no help to offer, but FWIW... I'm probably a step behind you... still trying to learn how to set up a Predator header. I use the basic simulation to just do a sanity check.... if I go into Predator, I just get a blank screen when I try to backplot. I suspect it wants some kind of header info. I agree, I've scoured around trying to dig through help files, etc... but I haven't found what I need yet. It's definitely on the to-do list, because I'd love to be able to see run times, etc. before walking out to the machine, but it's not a showstopper.

For the Header for your post in Predator

In order to output the header for predator backplot the following lines must be set up in the post processor.

MILL

0. File header

"(BEGIN PREDATOR NC HEADER)"
    "(MACH_FILE=HAAS - 3XVMILL.MCH)"
    output_tool_list
    output_stock_definition
    "(END PREDATOR NC HEADER)
    " "

108. Rectangular stock format.
    "(SBOX","X",stock_min_x,"Y",stock_min_y,"Z",stock_ min_z,"L",stock_length,"W",stock_width, "H",stock_height,")"

109. Rotary stock format.
    "(SCYL",rotation_axis,"X0","Y0","Z0",rotary_stock_ diameter,rotary_stock_length,")"

110. Tool list format.
    "(MTOOL","T",list_tool_number,mtool_type,"D",tool_ diameter,mtool_corner_rad,mtool_angle,"H",tool_len gth,")"

698. Prefix for thread lead (variable thread_lead)? "?"
    699. Prefix for Tool Angle (variable mtool_angle)? "A"

700. Prefix for Tool CornerRadius (variable mtool_corner_rad)? "C"
    701. Prefix for Tool Type (variable mtool_type)? "S"
    702. Prefix for rotation axis (variable rotation_axis)? "S"
    703. Prefix for rotary stock diameter (variable rotary_stock_diameter)? "D"
    704. Prefix for rotary stock length (variable rotary_stock_length)? "L"

LATHE

"(BEGIN PREDATOR NC HEADER)"
    "(MCH_FILE=LATHE.MCH)"
    output_lathe_tool_list
    output_stock
    "(END PREDATOR NC HEADER)"
    " "

110. Tool list format.
    "(LTOOL",t,ltool_home,"S",ltool_type,"O",ltool_cut ting_angle,"I",ltool_ic,"A",ltool_angle,"C",ltool_ corner_rad,"H",ltool_height,"D",ltool_diam,"N",lto ol_orientation,")"

111. Stock definition.
    "(SCYL S3 X0 Y0 Z", z_end_of_stock, "D",stock_diameter, "L",stock_length,")"
    "(HCYL S3 X0 Y0 Z", z_end_of_stock, "D",stock_internal_diameter, "L",stock_length,")"

Jr,

The thing about the new simulator is that there is a button to increase render quality. It is that wavy line on the right side of the simulator with a + sign.

Thanks, SeanDa! I'll give it a try.
    Sorry jrmach... didn't mean to highjack the thread.

What about the help files?Is this something that needs reporting.

POST PROCESSOR

If you download the lastest mach post for v24 you should have all the changes
    (mach3-mill-no-atc_rev2). I tried the changes posted above it will not work because there is no 3XVMILL.MCH file listed in the Predator machine location.
    Also take notice of the template that you are using in predator.

GUD LUCK
    JR

I will speak to development on this specific issue on Monday. I am not sure if that help button is meant to be functional or not

Thanks SeanDa,if it is not,so kinda of manual or instruction would be nice.There seems to be a few things that are non functional,maybe for different versions??Or maybe just ain't doing things the right way.I have figured a lot out,but is taking time.Would like to use to its full potential.Thanks

jrmach, try this link. It's basically the online version of the V25 help menu.

Getting Started With Simulation

and

Description of User Interface

I have this bookmarked in my browser (mainly so I can use a "back" button). It's still a little scant on details but I use it a lot.

I too would like to see some kind of in depth help on the simulator. For example, some buttons are always greyed out. Am I not in the right simulation mode or do they just not work? (hint - Machine tab; Edit Machine, New Machine)