585,728 active members*
4,585 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > New replacement LCD from HAAS

New replacement LCD from HAAS

Hi Guys Hope you are all making chips today. Our HAAS Sl-20 had a monitor melt down. I ordered one in UPS Red Saturday delivery and it's not exactly the same. This is no surprise as they are changing all the time. It came without any instructions. The old one is basically a frame with two cables. These cables attach to a board mounted in the control housing. The new LCD is mounted in the same frame but has two boards inside the frame and two cables coming from it. It's easy to see were some of the original cables will go but I cant tell were these other two cables are going to plug into the existing board inside the control housing. Has anyone installed a new HAAS replacement recently. I need the machine running.

Thanks Ron

Up and running. Thanks for reading boys !!!

Glad you got it figured out.

So what did you find different, so that others may know if they run into the same situation? Please share your findings.

It's a little much to write but there is a piggy back board on the replacement that is not used and the two plugs coming out of the new LCD go no place they are not used. All i had to do was disconnect two plugs from the piggy back board on the LCD and plug them into the board mounted in the control housing. If anyone has issues with a replacement they can PM me and I will help out.

Ron