585,930 active members*
4,426 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

WARNING FOR BUYING CHINESE LASER

To anyone considering buying this Chinese Laser Engraver;

USB CO2 LASER ENGRAVING CUTTING MACHINE ENGRAVER/NEW f3 | eBay

i bought one from the seller on the above page 'world-etrade'

i have had it just a couple of months and there is an error with the controlboard
    causing the laserhead to ignore the lasering task and instead make straight lines across the material with pauses while moving towards ≈ X 200, Y -200,
    turning the machine off and on again it continues moving in this direction,
    the laserhead has to be physically moved back to 0,0,

The seller will not reply to my emails asking for a replacement controlboard or even just a programmed microcontroller though it states
    on their advertisement ;
    Warranty
    Directly Manufacturer Fully Guarantee For 24 months,

I will have to buy new board which is €196, or $243,
    incl.shipping, or a DSP controller costing around the same,

other related posts;

WHAT PROCESSOR IS USED ON MS10105? - CNCzone.com-The Largest Machinist Community on the net!

Redirecting...

Graham,

Despite the many posts on various forums about how crap these machines and their software are, people still keep buying them. Meanwhile in China they wonder why Chinese lasers have a bad reputation........

Sorry you are having problems. If you upgrade to DSP you will need new powersupply and stepper drivers as well. If I were you I would try and flog it as parts on Ebay and save up for a better machine. I don't really think putting money into these cheap lasers is a worthwhile exercise. When you have upgraded the electronics you are still stuck with poor mechanical construction.

Tnx Epilotdk,
    i think i will have to take yours and Herby08's
    advice and upgrade to a DSP controller,
    i guess as they are affordable and if your buying one as i did to make some income but not sure if your product will sell, than its not so risky,
    but, i agree they are pieces of ****,
    and not really good enough for relying on to make something well enough for sale,
    Graham,

Hi, Graham,

You had too much high expection on a £three hundred machine. Of cause the advertisement was misleading too. Even for Chinese laser gravers, a good mini one costs starting from £1500. All the parts really have a full guarantee. Because the parts suppliers usually have agreement with large machine suppliers.

There are still many good machine suppliers in China. Don't loose confidence in Chinese machines.

Melody

Hi
    I have to disagree in the part that it is not worth it because I have converted a few of this cheap K40 machines who running about $500 shipped to the us.
    sure you have to do some work
    first you have to make the mechanical parts stable ( idller pullys need two bearings, and all screws need to be checked for tighness)
    then you have to check and adjust the rail system to be square and the right hight with the lasertube
    then replace the controller with a DSP and stepper driver ( about $650)
    assuming the machine has allready a 24V powersupply and a lasertube power supply ether as analog or PWM
    the machines what I have converted running smooth and the same as the higher expensive ones.
    now you are only at $1,150 and if you go with the AW608 controller you get the newest update and a superior forum for help with everythings.
    if you go for a so called better one for $ 1,500 to 2,000 you get pretty much the same but the most come with problemes too.
    just my opinion from practic
    greetings
    walt

Quote Originally Posted by epilotdk View Post
    Despite the many posts on various forums about how crap these machines and their software are, people still keep buying them. Meanwhile in China they wonder why Chinese lasers have a bad reputation........

Sorry you are having problems. If you upgrade to DSP you will need new powersupply and stepper drivers as well. If I were you I would try and flog it as parts on Ebay and save up for a better machine. I don't really think putting money into these cheap lasers is a worthwhile exercise. When you have upgraded the electronics you are still stuck with poor mechanical construction.

Walt, you can't quite compare US prices to prices in Europe. Plus the machine will still be lacking a height adjustable bed and honeycomb. With all the mods it it probably OK for hobby but I would not want to use one for production.

ok but I could not find a machine for $ 1500 with a adjustable bed and honey comb for this i have to spend more then $2,000 at least her in the US.
    sure this smal machines are nothing for big production but for somebody to start and learning its the best choice for the bug
    i am running some of this machines after conversion pretty much 6 days 8 hours a day to the size of the machine and the controller is the same what you would find in the bigger machines or better
    greetings
    walt

Quote Originally Posted by epilotdk View Post
    Walt, you can't quite compare US prices to prices in Europe. Plus the machine will still be lacking a height adjustable bed and honeycomb. With all the mods it it probably OK for hobby but I would not want to use one for production.

Hi
    You may send this mainboard to me.
    It is possible I can repaire for much less...
    Regards
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Finally got a picture and figured how to upload to this forum..not the best picture possible, but it show what can be done with the cheap 40w laser.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FILE0011.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	161202

A little out of focus also.

Milt