584,866 active members*
5,200 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > g-view and wcs for HBM

g-view and wcs for HBM

I was curious as to what would be the standard way to set my gview and WCS for machining with an horizontal boring mill?

The face to be machined at B0 is orientated to be FRONT view

The WCS is TOP for ALL ops done with that setup, and the T/C plane is set to FRONT when machining the front face, outputs will be B0.
    - if you need to machine on the RIGHT view ( or B90. ) the WCS is still TOP, T/C plane is RIGHT SIDE

--- you can assign a different work offset number to each view used to aid in setup ( & adjustment ) , or position the part relative to the B-rotation origin and use the same work offset number

The only other valid planes you can use/create for a HMC 4 axis are those that rotate around the 4th axis ( ie. BACK, LEFT SIDE or one that you create yourself )

NOTE...G-View ( terminology ) is only a graphics view, It cannot be used until it has been saved and then called up in the operation ( Planes )

HINT... if you are programming operations on 1 face only, you can get away with using WCS=TOP, T/C Planes=TOP. It should output B0. in your NC program ( any other added views CANNOT be achieved by a 4-axis horizontal )