584,850 active members*
4,335 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Warning..I just got scammed buying a cnc

Well, i posted on here that i would be purchasing from china as a experiment not that i have the extra cash to loose..but be very carefull who you buy from...

To see the problems and the transactions take a look at the website i created to expose this company...

the first link is my junk that arrived
    http://www.wix.com/jef047/shanghai-ruidiao-cnc

this link is the company in china
    China CNC Router, CNC Engraving Machine, CNC Laser, CNC Waterjet Cutting Machine, Wood Working Machine, Stone Router Manufacturer - Shanghai Ruidiao CNC Equipment Co., Ltd.

$15,000 gone...

HE has several names and websites, not a manufacture just a guy in a room...who is making himself look like a large corporation.

Good luck

Gee mate I feel for you. I thought I was hard done by with a few minor issues on my Quick machine that were fixed with the kind help of another forum member. At least in general the machine seems well built. What made you pick this company?

Larry

China CNC Router, CNC Engraving Machine, CNC Laser, CNC Waterjet Cutting Machine, Wood Working Machine, Stone Router Manufacturer - Shanghai Ruidiao CNC Equipment Co., Ltd.

$15,000 gone...

HE has several names and websites, not a manufacture just a guy in a room...who is making himself look like a large corporation.

Good luck[/QUOTE]

There may be a good chance this individual may not even be located in china. You should take this to the RCMP. Not sure they can help much with an Internet scam but you never know. If I was you I'd never rest until I found that person. I've tracked people down for much much less then that and got what I wanted. There has to be a way to find out where the website has originated from who made it ? Something.

Hi Maxydog,
    I hate it when this happens, any help you require to try and sort this out I am up for.
    Maybe email bombardment, a big warning on this forum, you name it I will sign it.
    I am sure others here will do what they can.

Even with the companies that get a good rap on here, you can't help but worry when you send your hard earned cash over. So when this happens it puts the whole thing back 10 years for all, and gives ammunition to the anti foreign brigade. Not good.

Best of luck with it.
    Geoff

I agree when you here these kind of things happening it really destroy the trust that buying product offshore and sending large amounts of cash to them only to be screwed over.

I personally had a great experience with my machine supplier and they have been great even with sorting teething issues support was there 7 days a week.

I contacted around 40 suppliers before i chose mine and after talking to 5-10 you can tell the dodgy ones to the legit ones

Unfortunantly there is little you can do except persist and contact as many governing bodies and make many claims. But i sadly Chinese government don't care and are happy to harbour and condone this behaviour as they have your money.

But i personally would contacting all the Chinese trading sites and disclosing on every internet forum that relates to cnc products and post your story including his full name, known alias company names his bank details(in case he uses the same for his alias) so at least it may help prevent more victims

Maybe a thread or sticky in this Chinese thread with bad suppliers list as prevention not a vigilante thread

Post your details in
    FraudWatchers.Org
    http://alibabascam.com/
    Alibaba Scammers | Global Trade Ends HERE for them | Scam List
    Report & Verify Fraud-Safe Trading Forums-Alibaba.com

Hopefully it works out for you if i can help in anyway let me know

"Shanghai Ruidiao CNC Equipment Co., Ltd." is a Gold Member of "Made in China". Are they part of the Scam or did this guy just use their name? If a "Gold Member" can scam a customer and get away with it, it'll be better to avoid "Made In China.com" at all in the future.

Writing off the entire Chinese suppliers maybe a little harsh but should act as a warning to not become complacent

Gold Member is a paid membership and is obviously intended to deceive people into think it gives them some level of credibility.

Just like every chinese suppliers will show iso:9001 certification and will show the product with CE certification with is a international recognised mark of product meeting European safety standards although the machines will turn up with sub-standard without any from of earthing.

The do this again as speciousness and when there caught of they define the label CE as "Chinese Export"
    Answer to a written question - China Export (CE) mark feeding off the reputation of the European Conformité européenne (CE) mark - P-5938/2007

Once again there is No transaction in this day and age be domestic or international that goes without risk. I personally have been taken for many thousands of dollars from trusted domestic businesses who take from your trust run up Large accounts all to well knowing that they are entering receivership and you will receive 2 cents in the dollar 10 years form now.

Doing your research is paramount in this type of transaction when i purchased my machine i had my salesperson take around 10 pictures a day during manufacture of the machine the components and also the finial testing of the machine requesting particular text and test pictures to ensure it was the realtime.
    I picked up some discrepancies before it left there factory and payment finalised.

This link to the wix site shows NOTHING. What are we supposed to be looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by maxydog View Post
    Well, i posted on here that i would be purchasing from china as a experiment not that i have the extra cash to loose..but be very carefull who you buy from...

To see the problems and the transactions take a look at the website i created to expose this company...

the first link is my junk that arrived
    shanghai-ruidiao-cnc | Wix.com

$15,000 gone...

Good luck

CE certification with is a international recognised mark of product meeting European safety standards
    No, the CE sign is only a sign, that the manufacturer itself thinks, that his product is conform with all the relevant safety laws. The sign itself can be buyed in several shops for little money. And only things, they have electricity in it have a CE sign. But I have seen the label on Pencils, brushes, brooms, matchboxcars and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by uli12us View Post
    No, the CE sign is only a sign, that the manufacturer itself thinks, that his product is conform with all the relevant safety laws. The sign itself can be buyed in several shops for little money. And only things, they have electricity in it have a CE sign. But I have seen the label on Pencils, brushes, brooms, matchboxcars and so on.
    I was referring to the topic of CE on Cnc Router which i am fairly sure has electricity in them

Why should you buy from china when you have good product in your country such as cncrouterparts, shopbot, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    Why should you buy from china when you have good product in your country such as cncrouterparts, shopbot, etc!
    Maybe because he doesn't have the money to buy local machines and the chinese manufactured machines cost 1/4 of the local machines?

maxydog, That is very sad news. Like you - i would have thought one would be reasonably safe with a verified Gold Member on those trade sites. Guess we all know better now!

The first Link you put up only takes me to a Website Building site - Wix.com. I thought you may be pulling our leg until i looked at the second Link. The photos on that site all look like they were cut and pasted from other websites.

Maybe you could contact the Chinese Trade Commission in Canada and see if they can help you. They take a very dim view of crooks in China. As we all do. Hope you can somehow recoup your money.

Brumby, Can you maybe start another Thread and tell us who supplied your machine and put up some photos of it? I am sure we would all like to know who the legitimate suppliers are.

I myself have received repeated Emails from another Chinese Supplier. Could not Link to their Website for a long time, but tonight it is coming up.
    Still not totally sure they are Legitimate until i make a few enquiries.

I still maintain that my friend Taney is the man to do business with in China.

Rocket.

Chinese cnc router

Hi guys

My name is Vic and I am from Perth WA

I am new to all this but have been following the forum for few months,and some members especially Rcket seem to be very knowledgeable.
    I am looking to purchase a cnc router from china and I am reading those posts about this scam with great concern. Iam considering using a LC letter of credit, and they shouldnt get paid until I receive the product and inspect it. I am trying to make the order very specific ,including model numbers for various components, this may help. I feel very sorry for the person that was scammed, and maybe using na LC in the future might help.But I might be wrong
    The company that I am looking at is ROC Tech model RC1325
    Size 1250 x 2450 x200 (400 option) working area
    Spindle HSD 4.5kW ER32
    Table T Slot and Vacuum combined
    Vacuum Pump Becker 4kw
    Inverter Delta 5.5kw inverter
    Linear guide Hiwin 25mm
    Stepper motors xy
    Ball screw z
    Rack and pinion xy
    Operating system NC studio or DSP
    Operating software Type3 v4.3 and artcam pro 9.126
    They want $1200 US delivered to a chinese port.

I would appreciate any comments

Regards
    Vic

Cnc Router from china

sorry about the mistake in the last post

$1200 should be 12000

Price seems fair.
    I would contact a Customs broker in australia and get a total price for shipping clearance and taxes just so you get no surprises.

hi all
    i been to china and got a good deal on well build machine to roll form steel cladding but had do loads of research and looked at one machine twice with two agents both claim to work for the manufacturer agent 1 was looking 20000 usd he had big car next went to same place on a bus with agent 2 same machine 12000 usd this machine was junk

found a good one cost a bit more been working fine for 4 years

you can buy good machines in china and good parts just have research and ask the right question never pay into any wester union accounts only company bank accounts i also have done deals in south korea much easiser to deal with

research
    research
    no short cuts research

if its sounds to good to be true back away quick you get what you pay for

Quote Originally Posted by dzieciol View Post
    Hi guys

My name is Vic and I am from Perth WA

I am new to all this but have been following the forum for few months,and some members especially Rcket seem to be very knowledgeable.
    I am looking to purchase a cnc router from china and I am reading those posts about this scam with great concern. Iam considering using a LC letter of credit, and they shouldnt get paid until I receive the product and inspect it. I am trying to make the order very specific ,including model numbers for various components, this may help. I feel very sorry for the person that was scammed, and maybe using na LC in the future might help.But I might be wrong
    The company that I am looking at is ROC Tech model RC1325
    Size 1250 x 2450 x200 (400 option) working area
    Spindle HSD 4.5kW ER32
    Table T Slot and Vacuum combined
    Vacuum Pump Becker 4kw
    Inverter Delta 5.5kw inverter
    Linear guide Hiwin 25mm
    Stepper motors xy
    Ball screw z
    Rack and pinion xy
    Operating system NC studio or DSP
    Operating software Type3 v4.3 and artcam pro 9.126
    They want $1200 US delivered to a chinese port.

I would appreciate any comments

Regards
    Vic
    Hi Vic, I agree the price seems reasonable......sort of, and the specs look good.
    Roctec has been on the forum for a while and seems to know his stuff.

Couple of things to check into.

1) Operating System - We have only ever used the DSP Controller and find it to be quite good. On the other hand i have not seen any good reports about the NC Studio System which operates the machine via your computer. Have read accounts where people have had trouble getting it set up on their computer. In my opinion - stick with the DSP.

2) Operating Software - We use and highly recommend Vectric V -Carve Pro. Easy to learn, free trial to get up to speed before your machine arrives. It costs about $600 direct from the Vectric Website. There are other Vectric programs at various prices - check out their Website -
    Vectric - CNC Software Solutions - Wood Carving - Engraving - Signmaking - Routing - Machining
    The software in your specs shows as Type3 Ver4.3 and ArtcamPro Ver 9.126. I do not know anything about ArtcamPro other than it is fairly expensive and the Type3 ( Chinese supplied version ) has not had good reviews on this site.
    Maybe check with RocTech and obtain a price without their supplied Software?

3) Be very careful about Shipping Prices. Find out which Port they will supply the machine to. This is known as FOB ( Free on Board ). Before ordering your machine contact a local Customs Broker and obtain a complete all up costing to your factory door.
    It has also been written on this Forum that you could contact a shipping Broker at the Chinese end and also get a price on shipping including charges at the Aussie end delivered to your door. Potentially at a cheaper rate.

Hope this helps.

Rocket.

CNC router from china

Thanks for the Reply I absolutely agree with both Rod and mfealy have to say.
    What worries me with DSP is that there is very little documentation on it, Roctech sent me a manual on DSP and I couldn’t make a head or tail of it there were a lot of dots where I think there should have been writing, and I am concerned that there will be very little support for it.
    I would like to look at NCstudio because I would like to convert it to Mach3 which I believe can be easily done. There is a lot of support and information about Mach3, also I have a milling machine and a lathe which eventually I would like to convert to CNC.
    This router won’t be a production machine, more for small jobs for myself and friends also as a learning tool and for experimenting. If I can find good info on DSP I still might go down this path and maybe convert to Mach3 later. I am just concerned about the lack of info on DSP.
    Comments on this would be appreciated.

I am in the process of geting quotes for shipping and associated costs.Both from china and locally.

Also I would like to thank mfealy on his comments about doing lot of research.
    Most of the sites are very similar and the people seem to know what they are talking about ,but this maybe because my knowledge is limited . I try t get parts made outside china like HSD spindle, Becker vac pump etc. Also I am specifying exact model numbers for the components I am purchasing so later there won’t be any misunderstandings, I have heard that sometimes you don’t get what you thought you were getting.
    Apart from going to china and watching your machine being testsd and shipped it is impossible to tell what is the quality of your machine, eg he gantry being square etc.

I am looking at the possibility of organising a letter of credit with my bank, The company will be guaranteed to be paid after I receive and inspect the goods.

If this fails and I am still not happy I might have to go to china, although this might be an overkill and I hope it dosent get to that. But the post about the scam is scary.

I think that this is enough for now and I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Regards
    Vic

The Chinese DSP manual is crap no mater what supplier it is from. I had same concerns but after a bit of education and playing you will pick it up very quick.
    I have attached a English guide i found it is much clearer in it explanation which helped alot. But i find the dsp works very good and the only limitation i have found is the inability to control spindle speed via G-code, though i believe it can be done some how
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12