585,753 active members*
4,473 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

LaserCut53.exe english translations

I noticed some people complaining about the LaserCut english translations, you can open the language.ini file in notepad.exe and edit them as you wish. Just don't make them much longer from the original verisons if you can. I prefer Home / Z Home over Datum in the GUI for instance.

You can also edit the menus etc in Resource Hacker, it's pretty straightforward.

also if you screw up, just run lasercut53 and do ctrl+j create language file after selecting english., or use a backup of the .ini!

This was useful... thanks for sharing!

I am new to LaserCut as well and some of the button captions just didn't make sense. For example, I now know what 'clip box' does thanks to your screen shot. Two things I haven't figured out are 'graded engrave' and 'hole'. You wouldn't happen to know the purposes of these would you?

yeah i only figured out the cut box too, its a nice feature we'd been drawing in boxes after the fact instead! the power settings are ignored though since it only runs the box for the MOT file that is already uploaded. so i'm not sure what thats all about.

grade engrave is a taper for rubber stamps etc, adds some support around it. hole i don't know off hand sorry.

I'd share our language.ini file but i dunno if leetro would get pissy about it. Be good to put it on googledrive so eveyone can edit it.