585,974 active members*
4,338 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DMU50 - multiple work offsets??

Hello all, took on a small job and was told the DMU50 had a Siemens control but it is actually a Heidenhain T426. I'm a strong programmer but not with Heidenhain language. The job is real simple, multiples hole drilled radially around a shaft/hub at 3 different angles. In a production environment I would use 3 separate work coordinates so the operator can adjust work offsets via hand gauge reading. Operator does not edit programs. I know this machine has way of doing comp in the 3 position but I would like to keep it consistent with individual work offset for each set of feature. We would set the job up by indicating a hole from a master and either set work zero here or relative to part datum zero.
    Any thoughts and examples?

Thanks

Back looking into my programming setup issue today and noticed a few gaps in my previous post. This is a 5 axis job. The multiple holes are being drilled radially around "C" axis at 3 different angles of "B" axis. Approx 90, 30, and 15 degrees.

This has to be simpler then it appears. Would of had it programmed on other controls in 15 minutes with 2 hours setup. Man not here...

Any Heidenhain geeks want to chime in. Can always return the favor via Fanuc and others control support.

Thanks