586,011 active members*
3,914 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

programmable tailstock

I have a Takisawa TC-20 lathe with a Fanuc 21-TB control. According to the manual I can use M10 and M11 codes to control the tailstock. While this does work, I always get an alarm after the operation is complete. (Alarm 1022 "M,S,T,B SGNL. ARE NOT COMPLETED"). So, basically the commands are useless to run in a program because the alarm needs to be cleared after every tailstock command. Would anybody have an idea how to fix this alarm?

Alternately I've been wondering about creating a macro that would check whether the tailstock is closed or not. Would anybody know if there is a value somewhere that could be read by my program? I could then use some logic to prevent the rest of the program from executing if the tailstock is not closed.

I realize there is a possibility that the reason the M10 and M11 commands are erroring out is because the limit sensors for the tailstock travel are not being activated, or not working, so I guess that would rule out my 'alternate' method as well.

What are your thoughts?

there's no standard macro variable for checking a tailstock so you cant use macro to check it.
    there may be other M codes. either type each one in (from M0 to M999) and watch what happens or contact the manufacturer or read the manual.
    normal M codes on Moris are M78/M79 (clamp/unclamp), M25/M26 (quill forward/backwards) so try those first.