4,559 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ArcLight CNC PLASMA

- CNC Plasma system by Arclight Dynamics

youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/arclight...?feature=watch

Anyone have one? used one? seen one?

They are on my side of the states, seem to have great pricing, and are well built. I would like some feedback since its hard to find any previous customers.

Thanks.

I will be in Bend on Monday the 18th and am going to go see them. I will try and get some pics and stuff I really think they look like a great machine. So diy where abouts do you live? I am in Helena MT..

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dewser View Post
    I will be in Bend on Monday the 18th and am going to go see them. I will try and get some pics and stuff I really think they look like a great machine. So diy where abouts do you live? I am in Helena MT..
    WA STATE, Seattle area.

Take some pictures and videos if you can!! I'm surprised they don't have a section on the zone yet.

Exclamation

did you get a chance to see it? Videos? Pictures? I'm waiting on him to finish up his engraver option before i go get a demo.

Please let me know!

Yes I have been meaning to post something about it.. I was actually a pretty cool machine, I was impressed with it and the way he builds them. Everything was cleanly assembled. He demoed his machine and I liked it. I didn't get any pics or video as my phone was dead.... I forgot to ask him about the engraver but thats something I would really want, I had so many things I wanted to ask and spaced... Do you know what he will be asking for the engraver option? The pipe option looks like it will work good, he explained how it worked but he didn't have one there. Sorry about pics and such.. It was a fun and good trip !!

Talking

Yes I have been meaning to post something about it.. I was actually a pretty cool machine, I was impressed with it and the way he builds them. Everything was cleanly assembled. He demoed his machine and I liked it. I didn't get any pics or video as my phone was dead.... I forgot to ask him about the engraver but thats something I would really want, I had so many things I wanted to ask and spaced... Do you know what he will be asking for the engraver option? The pipe option looks like it will work good, he explained how it worked but he didn't have one there. Sorry about pics and such.. It was a fun and good trip !!

No worries, im glad it got a good review.

The engraver option should be done within a couple weeks he says. When i go see the machine, i want him to have that, and everything else there and working so i can see how it works.

I have contacted 5-6 other companies and for the same size and all the options, he is the lowest priced and in my opinion has the best components and is least proprietary. Can't wait to see it run, (and make me money)

Brand new to the forum, hello everyone!

I saw these posts about Arclight and thought I would chime in.

I just took delivery of an Arclight Dynamics Arc Pro 4800 with a Hypertherm 65. By just, I mean four (4) days ago...so I do not have much to say yet. I also went ahead and got the Tube Cutter and the Wood Router Kit...just did it all at once.

Construction seems pretty bombproof, the use of aluminum extrusions for the 'moving parts' should be pretty stiff. And use of steel for the table/legs seems very stout. It is clear that some optimization has been done as there are some pretty neat little details here and there.

I have not yet set up the torch, just now finished mechanical and electrical install/wiring, which is extremely easy by the way. The table shipped ~98% assembled, and everything is practically plug and play...super easy...

I am just now running the table around, but am having trouble getting the Y axis (gantry) to home correctly. I sent Scott (the owner) an email only a few minutes ago, so of course he has not had a chance to reply yet. Hopefully it is simply user error!

As for support before the purchase, Scott was awesome and answered every single one of my questions (of which there were a lot...). Everything happened exactly as it was supposed to, delivery was on time, and everything seems to have arrived in good shape. There was some software/documentation missing, but that should already be in the mail to me.

The alternatives I did quite a bit of comparison shopping/question asking/etc with were Burn Tables (Hutto, TX) and Torch Mate (in KY or TN...cannot remember). Burn Tables were pretty competitive for the table itself, but the price on some of their options was...ridiculous. Torch Mate was on another planet altogether with their pricing...WAAAAY higher...stupidly expensive in comparison, approaching 2-3x higher for various tables/options.

Of the three who makes the 'best product'? I have no idea. The only stuff I have seen of the other two was on the internet. I work with a guy who recently purchased a Burn Table unit, have not talked to him about it yet.

Anyway, if anyone has any specific questions, keeping in mind my very limited progress so far (as well as my limited CNC/plasma knowledge), I would be happy to help.

I just cannot wait to turn some metal into smaller pieces of metal...soon...very soon.

Talking

Thanks WorkerBee for the update. In the following days to come please upload any pictures, videos, etc.

I have spoke with Scott and he is working on a engraver attachment that should be extremely nice when completed.

It seems like there is a lot of other companies out there, but in the end none of them give an affordable and high quality end solution as he offers. He offers so many affordable attachments and upgrades to use the machine in many different ways. Can't wait to check it out in person.

P.S. the financing company he works with is AMAZING. Very professional and got me approved asap. When i end up looking at it, i'll take pictures and a few videos. for the time being, ill keep my eyes peeled for pics/videos from workerbee!

Quote Originally Posted by WorkerBee650 View Post
    Brand new to the forum, hello everyone!

I saw these posts about Arclight and thought I would chime in.

I just took delivery of an Arclight Dynamics Arc Pro 4800 with a Hypertherm 65. By just, I mean four (4) days ago...so I do not have much to say yet. I also went ahead and got the Tube Cutter and the Wood Router Kit...just did it all at once.

Construction seems pretty bombproof, the use of aluminum extrusions for the 'moving parts' should be pretty stiff. And use of steel for the table/legs seems very stout. It is clear that some optimization has been done as there are some pretty neat little details here and there.

I have not yet set up the torch, just now finished mechanical and electrical install/wiring, which is extremely easy by the way. The table shipped ~98% assembled, and everything is practically plug and play...super easy...

I am just now running the table around, but am having trouble getting the Y axis (gantry) to home correctly. I sent Scott (the owner) an email only a few minutes ago, so of course he has not had a chance to reply yet. Hopefully it is simply user error!

As for support before the purchase, Scott was awesome and answered every single one of my questions (of which there were a lot...). Everything happened exactly as it was supposed to, delivery was on time, and everything seems to have arrived in good shape. There was some software/documentation missing, but that should already be in the mail to me.

The alternatives I did quite a bit of comparison shopping/question asking/etc with were Burn Tables (Hutto, TX) and Torch Mate (in KY or TN...cannot remember). Burn Tables were pretty competitive for the table itself, but the price on some of their options was...ridiculous. Torch Mate was on another planet altogether with their pricing...WAAAAY higher...stupidly expensive in comparison, approaching 2-3x higher for various tables/options.

Of the three who makes the 'best product'? I have no idea. The only stuff I have seen of the other two was on the internet. I work with a guy who recently purchased a Burn Table unit, have not talked to him about it yet.

Anyway, if anyone has any specific questions, keeping in mind my very limited progress so far (as well as my limited CNC/plasma knowledge), I would be happy to help.

I just cannot wait to turn some metal into smaller pieces of metal...soon...very soon.

Sure, I should be able to make some pics happen in the next few days.

Update to my previous post:
    Just got off the phone with Scott and all is well with the world! The two Y axis motor cables were labeled opposite of what they should have been. ~10 minutes on the phone, and everything is homing/jogging as it should be. Again, great support from Arclight.

Definitely by this weekend I should be reducing perfectly good plywood and steel into useless little bits...

Great review worker bee, I enjoyed reading it. I am also looking at getting one just waiting for some green backs to appear !!!!

So Diy who does his financing ? When I was in Bend he said he really had no one.

Once again Im reading everything I can about them and others, he does offer an amazing value I think.

Keep us posted there worker bee.....

Financing contact:

Jim Roybal
    Paramount Financial Services

6991 E. Camelback Road, Suite D-218
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251
    (480) 222-0300 Phone
    (480) 222-0312 Fax
    (877) 948-6200 x 111
    www.paramountfinance.com

Very professional guy!! If you need any equipment financing he is the guy to go to. All the big banks don't care about small business. He helped me out a lot!

Great review worker bee, I enjoyed reading it. I am also looking at getting one just waiting for some green backs to appear !!!!

So Diy who does his financing ? When I was in Bend he said he really had no one.

Once again Im reading everything I can about them and others, he does offer an amazing value I think.

Keep us posted there worker bee.....

Thanks Diy... I will contact them soon and see what they have to say. Not sure I would qualify as it will be just a home based business. :cheers:

Thanks Diy... I will contact them soon and see what they have to say. Not sure I would qualify as it will be just a home based business. :cheers:
    They are pretty flexible!!

08-11-12 Update:

I did the first test cuts with the router. The first cuts were a 5"x5"x0.6" deep (CAD dimensions) square, into a 0.75" thick piece of MDF.

Finished measurements were:
    5.004" wide
    4.990" tall
    .604" deep

Not too shabby for a first try in my opinion.

Second cuts were of my company logo. The logo was intended to be a 'positive' instead of a negative, so it looks wonky in a few areas. And when you cut small islands of MDF, the bit will simply knock the island off because MDF is not 'bonded' that well for little protrusions like the ones on my logo.

Overall the system seems extremely easy to use, especially considering I have no experience with Mach 3, Sheet Cam, or the table in general!

So far so good...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1192.JPG   IMG_1191.JPG   IMG_1194.JPG  

That looks good WorkerBee.. I am glad you said it was pretty easy as I have had no experience with the programs either.. I stopped in Bend awhile back and was Impressed with Scotts knowledge and how seamless he made it.. Hopefully soon I will be burnin iron LOL

08-11-12 Update:

I did the first test cuts with the router. The first cuts were a 5"x5"x0.6" deep (CAD dimensions) square, into a 0.75" thick piece of MDF.

5.004" wide
    4.990" tall
    .604" deep

Second cuts were of my company logo. The logo was intended to be a 'positive' instead of a negative, so it looks wonky in a few areas. And when you cut small islands of MDF, the bit will simply knock the island off because MDF is not 'bonded' that well for little protrusions like the ones on my logo.

Overall the system seems extremely easy to use, especially considering I have no experience with Mach 3, Sheet Cam, or the table in general!

So far so good...
    Not bad at all!! Congrats!!!

Well after many years of running a Torchmate Machine and going through way to many AVHC Control boards and not to even mention the prices they charged on parts I have sold it up and ordered a 5x10 wit all the fruit off Scott.

To date he has been great to deal with and you can tell unlike dealing with just another employee at Torchmate Scott actually cares. I will be taking the long drive up to Bend later this month to pick it up and get some training in person.

I will keep you all posted but to date I have nothing but praise for the way Scott conducts himself and his business.

I can tell you that I am looking at a couple of tables and by far Scott has been the most helpful within the companies that I have contacted so far. He even offered to cut a small file of mine and mail it to me so I can see the edge quality before making the purchase. He seems like the kind of guy I like to do business with and I am pretty sure the table can do far more than I will ever ask of it but I would rather that then having to upgrade later. I will keep you posted as to my decision.

08-11-12 Update:

5.004" wide
    4.990" tall
    .604" deep

So far so good...
    You can correct the cuts in Mach 3. There is a place to adjust you x and without to much trouble. In fact you tell Mach 3 how far to go. Then it will ask you how far it did go and make the correction for you. Run it a second time to verify to adjustment.

Quick update and I will post more pics and info in my own thread over the following weeks. My ArcPro 12000 arrived today without issue. All looks to be sweet and I can't wait to plug it in and get it fired up.

It was delivered on time and with great service.