585,996 active members*
4,270 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > My G83 acts like a G1. Parameter to re-enable?

Question My G83 acts like a G1. Parameter to re-enable?

So I program and run a Tsugami BX12 swiss lathe with a Fanuc 18i-t dual path control from 1996

I had a motherboard die on me a month ago and it was a huge ordeal to get it running again. Anyways its been running fine lately but I havent had parts with much backwork on them so today is the first time Ive used the G83 peckdrill cycle on the sub spindle.

Well, as my title implies when it gets to the drill cycle it just feeds to depth (like G1) with no pecks. Does anyone know if there is a 9000 parameter to enable/disable peck drilling or if its something else?

Before it died it worked fine but since we didnt have a sub side parameter backup we went back to "original" parameters and there have been some goofy things we've had to work through.

I know I can write a macro loop to do my drilling but I'd rather try to get G83 to work again. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    CNC Product Manager / Training Consultant

Another example of why machine owners need to have back ups of all parameters BEFORE failure occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by MCImes View Post
    So I program and run a Tsugami BX12 swiss lathe with a Fanuc 18i-t dual path control from 1996

I had a motherboard die on me a month ago and it was a huge ordeal to get it running again. Anyways its been running fine lately but I havent had parts with much backwork on them so today is the first time Ive used the G83 peckdrill cycle on the sub spindle.

Well, as my title implies when it gets to the drill cycle it just feeds to depth (like G1) with no pecks. Does anyone know if there is a 9000 parameter to enable/disable peck drilling or if its something else?

Before it died it worked fine but since we didnt have a sub side parameter backup we went back to "original" parameters and there have been some goofy things we've had to work through.

I know I can write a macro loop to do my drilling but I'd rather try to get G83 to work again. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Check to see if there is a value registered in parameter #5114 (retract distance), and check that parameter bit #5101.2 is set to 1

Regards,

Bill

Just as a follow up your suggestion worked.

Both those parameters were 0, thus the problem. I checked them on my other tsugami and the retract distance was 100 and the RTR was 1. After changing those it works great!

Thanks angel
    CNC Product Manager / Training Consultant