584,874 active members*
5,059 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Z axis won't move under program control

I just hooked everything up this week. I'm using Mach3 running on a tablet computer using the Hicon plugin which communicates via ethernet. Everything works except the Z axis under program control. Using the jog control all axis move normally. Using the manual input screen, the Z axis doesn't move but the DRO shows correct movement. It must be something in Mach3 otherwise I wouldn't be able to move Z axis using the Mach3 jog buttons, but all the axis are setup the same. Any ideas on what this could be?

If you are interested the entire controller build is in the "Controller Cards" subforum in the "Need Help-HiCon CPU ethernet board for Mach3" thread.

My Bad

After going over all the "ports and pins" and plug in configurations several times I found the answer to my own question. I couldn't understand how an axis could move with the Mach3 jog control and not with a Mach3 program run. But things are complex and I sure don't understand everything by a long shot. By comparing the complicated and somewhat mysterious settings in the plugin configuration screens (there is a whole page for each axis as well as a page of system settings) for the X and Y to the Z, I found a difference and changed it to be like the X and Y. Now everything is working normally. Most likely I accidentally clicked on the setting while following the setup instructions, but could also be an error in the XML document used configure the plugin. Now all three axis work fine. Just to be sure I machined a small helix and it came out perfect.

Re: My Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Mike4703 View Post
    After going over all the "ports and pins" and plug in configurations several times I found the answer to my own question. I couldn't understand how an axis could move with the Mach3 jog control and not with a Mach3 program run. But things are complex and I sure don't understand everything by a long shot. By comparing the complicated and somewhat mysterious settings in the plugin configuration screens (there is a whole page for each axis as well as a page of system settings) for the X and Y to the Z, I found a difference and changed it to be like the X and Y. Now everything is working normally. Most likely I accidentally clicked on the setting while following the setup instructions, but could also be an error in the XML document used configure the plugin. Now all three axis work fine. Just to be sure I machined a small helix and it came out perfect.

i have same problem.. but i dont know what you touch .. or what you mean with " mysterious settings " .... my Z outpout in breakboard is broken i try to clon to A axis and i can move with mpg ..works.. but not with gcode.. can you upload a photo of that config screen?