585,992 active members*
5,297 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy MultiCam 1000 Setup Issue

Hi, I'm a new owner of a used 2007 Multicam 5x10 machine. We're trying to get it running and so far everything is connecting but we're getting a message that says "Mtr Phase Tst failed over voltage 40.3 run MPT from MM". I've searched the help and every menu and nook and cranny of the MotionMechanic4 software but cant' find any refernce to MPT (Motor Phase Test?) I don't know where to go from here. Any advice would be much appreciated. BTW, I do have the number of the regional service person but I'd be looking at a mininum of $ 1,500 for him to come in and set up the machine - which is not in my budget right now. I either need to get it running myself or keep working on a 48" x 48" machine....

Thanks for any help you can offer,
    Sean

Progress, more details

Ok, while looking at the wiring on the spindle I noticed a diagram embossed on the inside of the cover. There was a delta and a Y symbol. So after a little research I concluded that the machine had been wired for a "DELTA" 208 setup and I have Y (Wye) type 208 3-phase power. After moving the jumpers on the spindle and re-booting it seemed to go on to the next issue. Now I'm getting a "Mtr Phase Tst Failed ...Failed Z" So now I'm thinking that there have to be jumpers that need to be changed in the control box wiring for all of the steppers. Looking around in there I can't see any diagram or anything to give me an indication of what to do.... So I feel like i just need a wiring schematic or something to get the wiring switched over from a 208 delta configuration to a 208 wye set-up. ...or I could be completely wrong too. Any suggestions?

I bought a used multicam router some years back and powered it up myself without tech support.
    I managed to get my router which is wired for 3 phase to operate on single phase, including the spindle.
    There is a step by step procedure for powering up the control cabinet. It involves pulling the link jumpers on the wiring buss and using a volt meter making sure that the electrical is correct. I will look for this document and post it later if you need it.

One of the most critical is the phasing if there is a leg called a hi or stinger.
    Next, is the taps on the main transformer to match your service voltage.
    Then there is an adjustment pot on the power supply for 5v that must be set.

Thanks for the reply Max. Any documents you have would be really helpful and very much appreciated. I sort of figured that I needed to change some of those jumpers around but without something to go by I'm afraid of frying up my machine before I get it running! I don't have "delta" 3-phase power, which has the "high" leg that you mention - but I think that may be what the machine was set up for previously.

Again, thank you and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can dig something up!

Sean

I located the document that explains the installation procedure. In further reading, the instructions is for the 5000 series and noticed you posted a 1000. It was good enough for me to use with my older Pro series 5x12 router, hopefully it will give you some insight with your machine.

The file name is General Router 5000 M2521 pdf
    Now to try to get the file post or messaged or etc.
    If I can't get it done here on the zone, I'll see about either email or possibly posting it on a website for you to download.

Multicam 1000 Series Help

Hello everyone from Greece....
    My name is Lila and i am working as a graphic designer in a sign making company in Crete.
    I am using a Multicam 1000 series router here but the last days i am facing a problem..
    As i am opening my machine i get a message that says
    "MTR PHASE TST FAILED
    Z FAILED
    RUN MDT FROM MM."

Can plz somebody help me with that?

Thanks anyway

If anyone knows the solution to this problem I would appreciate it if you would share it with me. I have 240v single phase input showing exactly 120v on each leg. I have wire 112 in the 240 location. My voltage across pins 23&24 is 29-29.2Vac. I know I need to get it down to 27Vac but don't know of any other adjustment. I am getting the same alarm as the OP. If someone could help it would be awesome!
    Thanks
    Guy

Just to give an update. After I got my power sorted out, a tech guy named Vann at Multicam Southeast was very helpful and solved all of my existing problems. Machine was up and running within minutes once he made a few software adjustments remotely to my computer.

can i have the wiring diagram for router wood cnc multicam m series 2003 i get a used one but i did not get the wiring from the seller and now the bad gives error alarm in control box and type encoded symbols so plz send a trouble shooting menu . another thing can i add a forth axes to the machine ?
    best regards Ahmed

Re: MultiCam 1000 Setup Issue

Have you opened Motion Mechanic and typed MPT? Usually you can call your distributor and get free info.