585,761 active members*
4,033 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Yaskawa SGDH Sigma II and Mach3

Yaskawa SGDH Sigma II and Mach3

Hi, I'm trying to get this Yaskawa Drivers and Servos to work with Mach3, I have built other cnc Machines but with steppers, Drivers are SGDH-04AE, and servos are SGMAH-04AAF41, so theyre a match.
    I have tried joging these from the Driver itself with success, all of them work, and I've been doing some testing trying with Mach3 to control them with some suggestions on the wiring.
    Does anyone knows if I have to configure the driver to put it in a step/dir mode?, it has this configurations FNXXX , for example in FN002 is the Jog mode.

What pins on the CN1 connectos should I connect the step and dir signals from the paralel port? I have several options, PULS and /PULS, SIGN and /SIGN, CLR and /CLR, V-REF and T-REF, etc.

Here are some pictures

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _DSC6203.JPG   _DSC6204.JPG   _DSC6205.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbond007 View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to get this Yaskawa Drivers and Servos to work with Mach3, I have built other cnc Machines but with steppers, Drivers are SGDH-04AE, and servos are SGMAH-04AAF41, so theyre a match.
    I have tried joging these from the Driver itself with success, all of them work, and I've been doing some testing trying with Mach3 to control them with some suggestions on the wiring.
    Does anyone knows if I have to configure the driver to put it in a step/dir mode?, it has this configurations FNXXX , for example in FN002 is the Jog mode.

What pins on the CN1 connectos should I connect the step and dir signals from the paralel port? I have several options, PULS and /PULS, SIGN and /SIGN, CLR and /CLR, V-REF and T-REF, etc.

Here are some pictures

Thanks
    Yes, you will have to configure the drive in Sign + Pulse train (Step/Dir) mode. See page 105; http://www.yaskawa.com/site/dmservo....-S800-32.2.pdf

You will need SigmaWinPlus to program the drive: Document JZSP-WP002

I am not sure if this is the correct manual, so double check.

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man

? Status

Jamesbond007 were you able to get it up and running?

Iron-Man

Yes I did.

Hi, I got it up and running all three axis now, I'll post pictures and maybe a video later, the connection was a little tricky and more a trial and error thing, the configuration was tricky also but the manual states it clear, its just a matter of reading a lot, and I mean a LOT....
    I'll post the results of the configuration and the pinout so someone else can use it in the future.

Dear Jamesbond,

At your convenience, Could you please post the configuration done by you? I am keen on setting up my control with a set of branded drives, and would be able to arrange the same ones you've worked with.

I am currently using a not so good set of, you could say, homemade drives to keep my servos running. Failure rate is very high, as a result of which i am keen on using a proper set.

Thanks and best regards

J.S Shinh

Solution

Here is the final configuration I used, It worked for me at least on the desk top right now, I'm still missing some linear rails for my X axis so I haven't finished the machine yet.

Controller configuration: FN005 set first to reset all previos configurations.
    and the go to PN000 press enter and enter n0010 for position control.

on the CN1 connector to the parallel port:

Pins 1, 2, 5, 8, 10 and 12 to Parallel port GND.
    Pin 7 to your step output of your parallel port.
    Pin 11 to your Dir output of your parallel port.
    Pins 40,42 and 43 to GND (0V) from your external DC power supply.
    Pïn 47 (enable) to your 24V from your external DC Power Supply.

Hope this helps someone.

Re: Yaskawa SGDH Sigma II and Mach3

Hello, I am also studying in the department of electrical and electronics. This all seems very complicated to me. Hopefully I can learn.

basketballlegends.club

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbond007 View Post
    Here is the final configuration I used, It worked for me at least on the desk top right now, I'm still missing some linear rails for my X axis so I haven't finished the machine yet.

Controller configuration: FN005 set first to reset all previos configurations.
    and the go to PN000 press enter and enter n0010 for position control.

on the CN1 connector to the parallel port:

Pins 1, 2, 5, 8, 10 and 12 to Parallel port GND.
    Pin 7 to your step output of your parallel port.
    Pin 11 to your Dir output of your parallel port.
    Pins 40,42 and 43 to GND (0V) from your external DC power supply.
    Pïn 47 (enable) to your 24V from your external DC Power Supply.

Hope this helps someone.
    Pulse and direction signal are 12v or 5v?

Hallo James,
    I Havel serodriver SGDM-04ADA And servomotor SGMPH-04aaa41.I find solution conecting with step/dir. Your solutions Is ok. Can you send more photos with conecting And video with configuration your yaskawa driver. Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG20230614085831.jpg  

Re: Yaskawa SGDH Sigma II and Mach3

Quote Originally Posted by Ichavarria View Post
    Pulse and direction signal are 12v or 5v?
    Quote Originally Posted by romanfl View Post
    Hallo James,
    I Havel serodriver SGDM-04ADA And servomotor SGMPH-04aaa41.I find solution conecting with step/dir. Your solutions Is ok. Can you send more photos with conecting And video with configuration your yaskawa driver. Thank you.
    And you, have you managed to make a configuration that works? I'm looking for which controller to use to work with Mach 3.