585,754 active members*
3,961 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC X-Axis Calibration Assistance Greatly Needed

I have an older 7x10 Multicam SF machine, I use a round-over/cut combo bit to leave smooth edges while cutting. I cut half way through on one side, flip the wood over then finish the cut on the other side. I peg the board when flipping over. The main issue is the cuts do not line up exactly, often there is a 1/4" miss. Causing unnecessary hassle.

The machine has a calibration method consisting of a bolt threaded to a plate which can be adjusted and corresponding sensors which sense the bolts. I have made adjustments to the plate and things seem to get worse, probably because I am not sure of the method for checking while adjusting. Is there some method of which I am oblivious to that would help me out here?

Or maybe I am missing something completely. Any help in this would be awesome, I have lots of cutting to do and I sort of messed the machine up to where the lines will barely overlap.

There is nothing wrong with the machine. There must be something wrong in your technique of flipping the work over and positioning it.

I recommend to cut through on 1st side, leaving some tabs. Flip over and use cut through edges to locate correctly. Then finish cutting through tabs and then round over.

Thanks for the suggestion. It ended up being the sensors were off. Lined them up and it's working great