584,863 active members*
4,918 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

hypertherm 600

hello everyone..I recently built my own cnc 4x8 plasma table with candcnc bladerunner system..I was told i can connect my hypertherm powermax 600
    using candcnc arc controls, but not sure how to connect it..there manual does not explain the powermax 600 connections..does anyone here know how to connect it? or possibly have a diagram. any help would be greatly appreciated..

If you are using the Powermax600 machine torch...the start signal is easily accessed on the short pigtail that is part of the torch leads. Attached is a picture (can be found in your operators manual) of the machine torch pigtail.

Often the pigtail is used with a simple manual on/off switch (as pictured), however you can use the pins listed (pins A and C will fire the machine torch when shorted together) as the start input.

If you are using a hand torch...you will have to read the electrical diagram (also in your operators manual) and will have to cut and splice the start trigger wires either inside the torch, or inside the power supply. As a Hypertherm employee I cannot provide specific instructions for interfacing the hand torch as you will be modifying the torch safety trigger circuit.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by Blowmeracing View Post
    hello everyone..I recently built my own cnc 4x8 plasma table with candcnc bladerunner system..I was told i can connect my hypertherm powermax 600
    using candcnc arc controls, but not sure how to connect it..there manual does not explain the powermax 600 connections..does anyone here know how to connect it? or possibly have a diagram. any help would be greatly appreciated..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails machinetorchpigtail.jpg  

t300 Guest
    To original poster, did you ever hook up your 600? Attempting to do the same thing and using a pac123 torch. About to wire up the same thing