585,949 active members*
4,024 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Takumi MCV 1100 - Mitsubishi Meldas 500 - Not Run - Operation Status (ST1) EMG

Question Takumi MCV 1100 - Mitsubishi Meldas 500 - Not Run - Operation Status (ST1) EMG

We recently bought a used Takumi VMC - MVC 1100. We have no manuals for Takumi, only operation manual for Meldas 500.
    After installation, Start the machine, NC red LED blinking and EMG in operation Status ST1. No Alarm messages in Alarm screen. But no axis can move.

Observations:
    1.Air pressure, Lube oil ok, Emergency Push button released OK.
    2.200 VAC and 24 VDC OK.
    3.OT check off - User parameter 13 set to 1 in all three axis.
    4. Drive Status: X axis - F1 E7, Y axis - F2 E7, Z axis - F3 E7, Spindle - F4 E7 and Power Supply - b.
    5. The Contactor(MCC) for Incoming Supply to Power Supply unit is not on.

Please see image in attachment.

Detail of Machine:
    VMC: Takumi MCV 1100, Year 1995
    System: Mitsubishi Meldas 500, Type M520AMR
    Servo Drives: MDS-A-SVJ-20
    Spindle: MDS-B-SP-75
    Power Supply: MDS-A-CR-75

Anybody please tell me to check any I/Os? Any Parameter? Any thing in Ladder?(Ladder address only shown, no detail about addresses)

PLEASE HELP...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Takumi.jpg  

First, check the rest of the machine for other E_Stop buttons, perhaps by the tool magazine.

Your control should have both an NC RESET and ALARM RESET function, both of which need to be pressed; the alarm reset twice.

Also, try pressing the ON button again after resetting everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ad64075 View Post
    First, check the rest of the machine for other E_Stop buttons, perhaps by the tool magazine.

Your control should have both an NC RESET and ALARM RESET function, both of which need to be pressed; the alarm reset twice.

Also, try pressing the ON button again after resetting everything.
    Hi ad64075,
    In tool magazine there is one sensor for checking the motor rotation position and sensor for home position. Then two sensor for magazine movement towards spindle. All thee are working and normal.
    Then there is only one Reset button in Meldas panel. There is no separate for NC Reset. Also i pressed Reset and ON button few times.

But still in same condition.

I've seen a CPU board cause this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkin View Post
    1. In Ladder diagram (in basis of LED blinking), Y109 and Y49 blinking. When it is traced, it is due to X1F1 is not ON. By Meldas Manual, It is "Servo Ready Output" from NC to PLC.
    Then I, manually enable it, NC red LED is OFF and READY green LED on. But Contactor of Power Supply(MDS-A-CR75) is not on. Still MC1 and MC2 terminals are open.
    Why it cannot get Servo Ready Output?

2. I checked R69. All bits are 1 and HEX is FF. Meldas Manual says 1 is "Normal" and 0 is "Emergency"
    In normal menu view Status shows
    "EMG mm INC G40 G54 <Selected Mode>"
    So I have doubt, whether the machine is in Emergency or Not?

3. All bits in F addresses are 0(Alarm Addresses).

4. Previously we serviced X axis drive (MDS-A-SVJ-20) for Alarm 17 (A/D Converter Error).
    For this, need any parameter check? Is there any NC Reset? Any Latch?

5. In CPU, all are green. No red.

Maybe there's trouble in E-stop circuit. X27 is usually the EMG input. Check to see if the status of this signal changes when you press and release the E-stop.

You can also force this to see if you can get the machine ready.

Maybe there's trouble in E-stop circuit. X27 is usually the EMG input. Check to see if the status of this signal changes when you press and release the E-stop.

You can also force this to see if you can get the machine ready.
    When i pressed Emergency stop push button, the status EMG EMERGENCY. And in alarm menu under NC ALARM shows EMG EMERGENCY PLC. But in normal condition the status (the second line from bottom, see thumbnail) - EMG mm INC G40 G54 only and no message in alarm menu.

Then X27 is ON condition. If i force set to OFF it, nothing happens. No change in R69. In ladder this NC blinks every ~5 seconds. No change in pressing RESET button.

X67 is used for Emergency Push-button, it on Y29F. Axis OT emergency also given to Y29F

I would verify all parameters are correct, especially PLC parameters. (PLC Data, bit selects) Do you have a hard copy?? If not maybe contact Takumi.

Seen it twice myself as well.

I would verify all parameters are correct, especially PLC parameters. (PLC Data, bit selects) Do you have a hard copy?? If not maybe contact Takumi.
    I have nothing from takumi side. No parameter and No Electrical Wiring Diagram. It is used machine bought. I have only Meldas manuals.
    Currently we removed Power Supply unit for service(checking). So now i cannot ON machine. I'll tell you any detail from display after it connected.
    Did you ask about PLC Parameter available in Machine Parameter > PLC > PLC Data, PLC Timer, PLC Counter, and Bit Select? I'll tell in few days.
    Previously I checked in Bit Select Parameter: Only for 50 and 51 have values entered. One of this is 1 and another one is 11, i don't remember which is 1 and which is 11. For all other have values 0.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Seen it twice myself as well.
    CPU card means, QX611-1 card?

Summary:
    We recently bought a used Takumi - MCV 1100. After installation, Start the machine, The language is like Taiwan, it changed to English.
    Then there is S01 Servo Alarm Diagn 17. It is X Axis drive. Alarm 17 - A/D Error. We serviced it in local.
    Then we start, NC Red LED blinking and in operation status "EMG mm INC G40 G54" No Alarm Message in Alarm Menu. Please see the attached image.
    No MPG / Jog Movement of axis

Detail of Machine:
    VMC: Takumi MCV 1100, Year 1995
    System: Mitsubishi Meldas 500, Type M520AMR
    Servo Drives: MDS-A-SVJ-20
    Spindle: MDS-B-SP-75
    Power Supply: MDS-A-CR-75
    ATC: Geneva

Observations:
    1. Drive Status: X axis - F1 E7, Y axis - F2 E7, Z axis - F3 E7, Spindle - F4 E7 and Power Supply - b.
    2. The Contactor(MCC) for Incoming Supply to Power Supply unit is not on. MC1 and MC2 are open
    3. Air pressure, Lube oil ok, Emergency Push button released OK.
    4. 200 VAC and 24 VDC OK.
    5. R69 - All bits are 1 and HEX is FF
    6. In CPU, all LED are green -flicker/on. No red.
    7. All bits in F addresses are 0(Alarm Addresses).
    8. Initial OT check off - User parameter 13 set to 1 in all three axis.
    9. In Ladder diagram (in basis of LED blinking), Y109 and Y49 blinking. When it is traced, it is due to X1F1 is not ON. By Meldas Manual, It is "Servo Ready Output" from NC to PLC.
    Then I, manually enable it, NC red LED is OFF and READY green LED on. But Contactor of Power Supply(MDS-A-CR75) is not on. Still MC1 and MC2 terminals are open.
    Why it cannot get Servo Ready Output?

I am new to CNC machine maintenance. Joined this company one month ago. Previously i worked in other category of industries in Maintenance Department.
    If you give some suggestions, it will great-full to me.

Quote Originally Posted by raghavansa View Post
    CPU card means, QX611-1 card?
    Yes

I have same problem the power supply board did you get y03 alarm what kind of display on the drive it should be set to 0/ 1 / 2 and power supply should be at 3.

Re: Takumi MCV 1100 - Mitsubishi Meldas 500 - Not Run - Operation Status (ST1) EMG

Yes
    U guys ever figure out what was bad? I have the same issue with a MELDAS 520 system on a Might Comet VMC. All drives and Amps go to AC, AA, when I turn on NC. Y03 Amp Unequipped XYZ on monitor. EMG line on bottom of display as well. NOT the EMG Button alarm but looks like a PLC "EMG" line statement. MC1 Coil wont fire. AC and DC voltages to all the right places but CV never charges. Replaced CPU and formated/reloaded. No help . Replaced EVERY card in Rack, no difference. Replaced CV power supply ( still comes up after init the NC to a "b" on segment) Will a BAD spindle amp case this ? I've tried bypassing with the SH21 cable but no luck. I can do NO AMP=1 ( disables drive interface and the control is happy and will fake move all the axis with NC ready and servo ready lights.

Guy