585,715 active members*
4,016 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mikinimech > Xbox 360 controller on my Mikini

Xbox 360 controller on my Mikini

Hello folks, I read a few threads here at cnczone and on the mach3 forums about using a xBox 360 controller, and I decided to give it a try. It was really easy to install...get the plug in from the mach site.

They also have the driver, Xbox360_32Eng.exe, but, since I'm using windows 7, I had to download a newer version. Which is done kinda of automatically through win 7 when you try to install the Mach3 site's driver.

Another plus is that you can still use all your keyboard's functions as though the controller wasn't even there.

here's a video...

Mikini Xbox 360 - YouTube
    pete

Nice Pete, I might have to give that a try. I really like the holders you have on the mill too. Might have to pick one of those up at the home depot.

Have you been able to make your product on the Mikini? Is it finally making you some money back?

Also you mentioned it might be going the way of the dodo. Just curious and sort of jealous but what might take it's place?

Allen, I wish I could get a new mill, but, that will have to wait. The mikini is making product and I'm happy about that Once I have a little inventory, I'm going to upgrade the motor and electronics..as per your setup. If I ever do get the funds, I'll probably go with the small Haas. It would work well in my situation.
    pete

Though I haven't yet had time to get going on my Mik-Allen conversion I had decided to forego the MPG. I found it easier to just use the keyboard.

Pete, I do like the xbox controller! I'll incorporate into mine when I get around to it.