585,760 active members*
3,790 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Help w/ brushless amplifier

Help w/ brushless amplifier

I'm just getting started out (newb) and as I've slowly begun to acquire gear I've come across a used Glentek SMA8115-1 Trapezoidal Mode Brushless Amplifier and the seller is offering it to me for $300. Good deal or not?

You may also want to check out Advanced Motion they are readily available on ebay, if you need the built in DC supply, look for the AC suffix.
    Do you require Step/Dir or analogue control?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hey thanks...

Actually the reason why I ask about whether the price is right or not is because I made an acquaintance with a guy that runs a shop making various pieces of CNC equipment and they have started to farm out overseas. In the transition I am getting some things that cost me very little from what I can see but I need to find out what things I should keep for myself and what things I should sell to try to get me closer to my goal of my first machine, which will be based on HWIN 15-25 rails or similar.

But to get operational the quickest I am thinking of just getting a 4 axis nema 23 or 34 package off the web for drive, so long story short should I buy this for the price and save it for a later build or try to sell it and put the money towards something more useful at this time.

That drive appears to be for an analogue input control, OK if that is what you intend using.
    I don't think you will make alot on it if considering resale?
    Al.

Albert E.

best to check price of a new one.... this is 80vdc, 12amp model? seems like $300 might not be far from new price? seems like $ 100 would be a good price, 150 ok price.....

Welp, I pulled the trigger and bought it. Definitely will be watching my spending for the rest of the month. Thinking of maybe flipping it in the future if I don't end up needing it.

The site wouldn't let me upload attachments so here's the imgur link to the photo album:

Photo Album - Imgur

If that was for all four drives, it was not a bad price, although this is an older amp, similar to the Westamp in design.
    There are a few machines still using these, so you may be able to make a bit by parting out each drive.
    Al.

Albert E.