585,971 active members*
4,059 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc 11m specification

Does anyone know where I can find the specifications for the 11m controllers?
    I would like to know things like processing speed, memory size, number of possible axis under control etc.
    Would I be able to contour in 4 axis simultaneously? Is the control capable of 3d surfacing when using control memory/ dnc?

I have the printed specification manual. This control was notoriously bad for mold making due to slow block processing speed. Numerous options, hardware and software were available. Memory is Bubble Memory and limited to 2MB. (base is 16 kB).

The block processing speed would really come into play where you have lots of short moves, would it be better if you rather "convert to arcs" where possible?
    How bad is "notoriously bad" if you just do the odd surfacing job?
    How many lines can this control process per second and what is the norm today?
    Do you still use your 11m manuals Memoryman and would you be willing to sell them?

1: we have most Fanuc manuals, but in printed form. Some day we will scan them, but for now not. We won't sell them, but others do on Ebay. Which specific manuals do you need?
    2: in the '90s a lot of mold makers spent many thousands in replacing the 'brain' part of the control to gain block processing speed. I don't know the exact figures. New controls will be 10s of times faster.
    3: replacing lines with arcs won't do much, imho.
    Part of the problem was the slow access times of the Bubble.
    I think that the control had a high speed processing option; don't know what it involved. There were 2 major variations of the control: for analog and digital servos. Your motherboard # depends on that.