585,973 active members*
4,227 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

feed rates and spindle speed

Hey guys (and gals)

I have a common problem where the solution to seems to differ from manufacturer to manufacturer.
    I have a DSP controlled Chinese machine.
    It has an Italian 3kw Spindle (18,000rpm) and 2.00A -7.20 A steppers.
    I use Vectric V Carve pro, and Cut 3D after drawing and importing from Rhino 4.
    Everything is fine until I try to alter the feed rates and spindle speed when selecting my tool paths....nothing changes.
    It is one spindle speed, and one feed rate.
    This is fine for simple 2d work (cutting wood panels for cabinetry) but for 3d work, or fine cutting for inlays on guitars etc, I need specific rates.
    Of course The Chinese manufacturer stopped answering my pleas for help months ago!

Where do I apply the solution? Software, Hardware or other?
    Anyone had a similar problem that they solved?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc 008.jpg   cnc 016.jpg  

Hi
    Try this attached manual.
    Spindle speed should be set via DSP controller or invertor Panel.
    Feed rate via DSP controller, after you choose your file, you can modify feed rate ( displayed at the top ) by pushing " run pause delete " button then entering new value then press OK.
    I don't think Speed / Feed rates Via Vcarve will work.
    All the best
    Geoff
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey Geoff,

A thousand thanks for the manual.
    The machine arrived from China last September in a box without a single piece of paper work, or instruction, so I have been second guessing for the last 9 months!
    I will have a good read and let you know how I get on.

Regards

Alan.

Alan,

You can control the feed/rapid rates through the V-carve software, but you have to set your machine to read those. It most likely came from the factory with this feature disabled. I don't recall off the top of my head if it is a setting in the inverter or in the DSP. Either way it is a one time step and then you'll never put it back. If you don't find what you need in the DSP manual than the answer is in the Inverter manual. You can find your Fuling inverter manual online.

The spindle speed is not controllable through the software with a DSP machine and is a common complaint that is not going to be addressed by the manufacturer. Only thing you can do is assign separate tool paths each time you need to change the speed so that there is a break in the operation for you to manually do so.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt382 View Post
    Alan,

You can control the feed/rapid rates through the V-carve software, but you have to set your machine to read those. It most likely came from the factory with this feature disabled. I don't recall off the top of my head if it is a setting in the inverter or in the DSP. Either way it is a one time step and then you'll never put it back. If you don't find what you need in the DSP manual than the answer is in the Inverter manual. You can find your Fuling inverter manual online.

The spindle speed is not controllable through the software with a DSP machine and is a common complaint that is not going to be addressed by the manufacturer. Only thing you can do is assign separate tool paths each time you need to change the speed so that there is a break in the operation for you to manually do so.

Matt
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for the information,

What setting or parameter would I be looking for in the inverter manual?
    What setting would I need to change?

Any more pointers would be great, as I am not too clever around this type of adjustment.

Alan

Here is a link to the DSP Manual, just in case you may have a different manual than the one I am referring to. It's a PDF a few posts in:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/contro...p_pendant.html

On page 15 and 16 the manual covers how to enable F-Code read.

On your DSP select Menu, then Auto Pro Setup, then G Code Read Setup, then make sure that F Read is set to "Enable".

Now your machine should take Feed rates from your program software on the thumb drive.

Unfortunately you still have to manually set the spindle speed for each operation via the Fuling Inverter. Some have a dial on the control face of the inverter and it's pretty quick to make a few marks where you typically use it. I seem to always be running at 233hz, so I just made a mark there with a sharpie and I can quickly turn to it (or close enough).

Matt

Many thanks, Matt,
    I will try this out tomorrow.

Alan.