585,766 active members*
4,548 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

X4 connection problem

Hello everyone,
    I have been using a syil x4 for a few years now and have been very happy with it. I have been out of town for about 2 months and tried to restart my milling work this morning. I had to reconnect my computer, and now I am not getting any communication between the two. Mach 3 has no control over axis movement or e-stop. The connections are all tight, and the parallel cable works. I have re-connected and restarted everything I can, and still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Thanks for the help!

Seeing as how you have double posted, you better double check your connections.
    Is it that CNC local switch on the X4?
    If the jog keys on the front panel work, then the PC won't.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Hello, that reminds me the problem I've created myself not very long ago. I was installing a ceiling fan and while walking/moving stuff around I must have stepped on the parallel cable just enough to upset it! Long story short I was also quite clueless about losing all comm with my X4. Everything was snug tight and looks alright (nasty!). Installed another cable and voila, I was back in business.

I later checked where the cables terminates on the bad cable and all seemed good, welds, etc. No break or anything visually apparent. Go figure.